By: Diana Urban
1. Constantly publish self-promotional tweets
If all of your tweets
cycle between links to your Amazon page, your book giveaway,
and reviews of your book, you’re probably wasting your time. This spammy
behavior will turn away potential fans, since all you’re doing is pushing your
own books instead of engaging with others.
Unfortunately, many authors still use Twitter purely to promote their books. But your tweets should give followers insight into your personality and foster a two-way conversation with fellow authors and potential readers.
1. When in doubt, stick to the 80/20 rule:
- 80 percent of your tweets should drive engagement with interesting, fun, educational, or otherwise helpful content.
- 20 percent of your tweets can be self-promotional. This includes links to your books, blog posts you’ve written, interviews you’re participating in, or retweets of others mentioning your books.
2. Auto-DM links to your books
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Writing a Novel – The Outline And First Draft | The Mental Attic http://ow.ly/LAwNu @KKutlesa
- The 9 Biggest Mistakes Too Many Authors Make on Twitter http://ow.ly/LBaG1
Interviewwith Jane: Understanding the Business of Authorship | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/LBbuY
- Seriously Write: Real Life Makes ‘Real’ Stories By Marie Wells Coutu http://ow.ly/LBbB6
- Full Life? Take a Class http://ow.ly/LBbOS
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: Ten Reasons for Authors to Blog http://ow.ly/LBbXt
- What Really Is Your Social Media ROI? http://ow.ly/LBckG
(normal) struggles when writing a novel –
- Author, Jody Hedlund: 5 Things Writers Do on Facebook That Make Me Automatically Unfollow Them http://ow.ly/LBjvr
- How to turn a Complex Story into a Simple Synopsis | Drew Chial http://ow.ly/LBkUr
- Adjusting to Expectations After Publishing Your First Novel - Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/LBl45
toCoping with Rejection Letters http://ow.ly/LBleh
- Empowering the CORE of Your Story - Storyfix.com http://ow.ly/LBlrC
- Picking Editors: What Kind Do We Need? | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/LBlD5
- Book Titles That Sell, Productivity For Authors And Marketing For Introverts With Tim Grahl | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/LBlSH
- How Often Should Indie Authors Publish? http://ow.ly/LBm4O
- Writing POV Changes | Linda S. Clare http://ow.ly/LBmpP
Writability: Vlog: Is Your Manuscript Query-Ready? http://ow.ly/LBmA4