By: Victoria Grefer
Today, I want to talk about what I will call “
bendy” moments. They are big moments in
life that we all experience. As authors, if our stories are true to life and we
are writing believable characters, they will also experience “ bendy” moments.
bendy” moment can be caused by lots of different situations. Those situations
may even be of different magnitude, based on the person experiencing it. What
might be a “ bendy” moment for me might not be one for you.
Think of a
bendy moment as a moment that makes the very fabric of our lives bend.
Something happens that is unexpected and also profound enough to alter the
future prospect of our lives. As a result we almost feel, for a period of time,
that we are not really present in the moment because we are lost in the
experience of that event and that change, whether good, bad, or bittersweet.
In literature, some of my favorite “
bendy” moments are:
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Twitter Gives Authors More Characters with ReTweet! - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/LDQy7
- 3 Mistakes Nonfiction Writers Make and How to Fix Them http://ow.ly/LEnq8
- Fiction University: Day Eight: Flesh Out the Character Development http://ow.ly/LEnxZ
- Adjusting to Expectations After Publishing Your First Novel - Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/LEnL5
:Book Bloggers: Where to Find Them and How to Win Them Over - Blots & Plots http://ow.ly/LEnSM
- Building characters with hard-boiled dialogue. - Venture Galleries http://ow.ly/LEoa3
- How to Build a Compelling Novel Concept | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/LEoks
- Write: Writing Your Story Scene by Scene #ReadySetWrite | KayeDacus.com http://ow.ly/LEotK
- Robert J. Sawyer » Blog Archive » Pop-culture and obscure references in fiction http://ow.ly/LEoE4
- Sources of Public Domain Lyrics http://ow.ly/LFlcE @HelenSedwick
Meerkator Periscope? How to Broadcast Video Via Mobile | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/LFoFB
- How to Use an Anthology as a Powerful Marketing Tool by Jason Kong — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/LFoMV
- Writer Unboxed » What Kids Have Taught Me About Writing http://ow.ly/LFoPC
- Blog Post Ideas for Writers: Solving the "What Do I Blog About?" Conundrum | Your Writer Platform http://ow.ly/LFp03
bendy” moment is…. And why your story should have one | Creative Writing with the Crimson League http://ow.ly/LFp1T
- Who We Are and Why We Do What We Do: An Author’s Explanation – Kobo Writing Life http://ow.ly/LFp77
- Ep 036 – “Tooting Your Own Horn” | Book Marketing Tools Blog http://ow.ly/LFpdZ
- How to Plan, Write, and Develop a Book: Go On! Make a Bad Decision! Your Story Will Thank You http://ow.ly/LFpi7
Post a Comment