My previous posts have shared our adventures in Rome and the museums and churches in Florence. Today, it's all about Pisa!
Our driver left us with an expert guide and Segway instructor. Since we were already expert (Ha!) Segway drivers, we didn’t need more instructions, so we hopped on our Segways and began our three-hour tour. It started with a glide through the Piazza dei Miracoli to see the Duomo, Baptistery, and the iconic Leaning Tower of Pisa. WOW! It was another one of those experiences where I turned the corner and there it was. It was breathtaking!
I discovered in Venice that this isn't the only leaning tower in Italy. It's just the most famous. I'm so glad we included Pisa in our Italy tour!
|I had to get the typical tourist picture! How'd I do?|
Leaving the Piazza, we rode through the shopping district of the Borgo Stretto until we reached the Arno River. Isn't it beautiful? Zipping along the river was a real adventure.
We had a blast and could have easily extended the tour. If you get a chance to jump on a Segway, give it a try. It’s SO much fun!
Monday I’ll share pictures of our trip to the Tuscany wine country.
If you missed my latest writing and marketing tweets, here they are again:
- Janet Reid, Literary Agent: Marketing into an increasingly annoyed readership http://ow.ly/HoGI302SvDZ
- How Amazon’s team of old-school book reviewers influences what we read | The Seattle Times http://ow.ly/BxKb302SvI3
- Everything You Wanted to Know about Book Sales (But Were Afraid to Ask) — Electric Literature http://ow.ly/mq5D302SvL7
- Fiction Writers: A Simple Approach to Build a Better Email List http://ow.ly/Ab3W302SvQj
- #5OnFri: Five Must-Dos for the Proactive Author - DIY MFA http://ow.ly/UyJ8302SvVh
- Skipping Time in Your Story | The Art of Stories http://ow.ly/LCuK302SvYK
- Mastering Different Styles of Writing: 7 Tips | Now Novel http://ow.ly/KCyf302Sw1v
- Worldbuilding for Realistic Fiction | The Art of Stories http://ow.ly/ETIR302Sw74
- Insecure Writer's Support Group: How to Instill the Joy of Reading and Storytelling in Children by Jemi Fraser http://ow.ly/A4ri302Swbh
- How To Create An Ebook Boxset Or Bundle And Why You Should | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/aQbb302Swlz
- 6 Tips for How to Organize Your Novel's Edits - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/b67r302Swo1
- Master Outlining and Tracking Tool for Novels | Fantasy Scroll http://ow.ly/m2Ng302SwqV
- Ever Gone Months Without Writing? Try This http://ow.ly/C1LL302Swu5
- Writer’s block: Three ways to get over it http://ow.ly/fW5R302SwCW
- The Only Character Questionnaire You Need to Complete - Writers Write http://ow.ly/JsSQ302SwRV
- Fiction University: What Are You Really Saying? (The Use of Subtext) http://ow.ly/TIEb302SwVz
- How Much of Themselves Do Authors Put in Their Fiction? | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/YxKW302SFUG
- 2 Keys to Unlock Your Momentum | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/k4Jn302SG56
- Snapchat Launches Location-Based Geostickers | SocialTimes http://ow.ly/gfAO302SGg9
- The Prototypical Novelist of Today... Proving That It CAN Be Done - Storyfix.com http://ow.ly/LzQO302SGnm