Today, I hope you'll enjoy these pictures from our visit to Florence.
After five days in Rome, we boarded the train for a ninety minute trip to Florence. Our hotel was located on a cobblestone street in center city among centuries our buildings, churches, and museums.
After exploring the city on our own following our arrival, we were picked up and taken on a scenic journey to Fiesole, a charming town in the hills of the Arno Valley. We returned to the city and toured the Uffizi Gallery to see masterpieces by Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, Botticelli, Michelangelo and Giotto. Our guide was extremely knowledge, which increased our enjoyment of the tour.
The next morning we were driven up to the Piazzale Michelangelo for an unbeatable view of the city. After enjoying the view and taking pictures, we returned to city center and toured the Piazza del Duomo, including the bronze doors of the Baptistery, Giotto's Bell Tower and the outside of the Cathedral, with its iconic dome designed by Brunelleschi.
Then the highlight of the tour—the Accademia Gallery to see Michelangelo’s David. When I turned the corner and saw the David for the first time, I almost dropped to my knees. It was one of the most powerful experiences in my life. I couldn’t take my eyes off of the statue.
Tomorrow, I’ll share our adventure to Pisa.
If you missed my latest writing and marketing tweets, here they are again:
- How Writers Can Bring Setting to Life through Personification | Live Write Thrive http://ow.ly/OmB0302PX7K
- How to write effective book titles - Peter Rey http://ow.ly/D3I9302PXau
- 5-Minute Book Marketing for Indie Authors - BookWorks http://ow.ly/HDYb302PXdb
- How To Use Snapchat To Build Your Unique Readership http://ow.ly/2xRi302PXgz
- The Platform Building Step You’re Probably Missing | Fix My Story http://ow.ly/shwd302PXoL
- 5 Tips to Keep You from Being Overwhelmed | Live Write Thrive http://ow.ly/FlaC302PXqF
- Tips for Author Blogs : Women Writers, Women's Books http://ow.ly/g1Hb302PXtO
- Second Person: Why I Used You In My Novel : Women Writers, Women's Books http://ow.ly/1wSg302PXvF
- Book Promoting:Is $1.99 The New 99 Cents? – Indies Unlimited http://ow.ly/LLx5302PXAw
- Fiction University: 6 Easy Steps to Planning Out Your Novel http://ow.ly/MXbD302PXGN
- The EXACT Equipment I Use for my Facebook Live Broadcasts - Shelley Hitz http://ow.ly/lQqC302PXLH
- Writers’ Font: Point of View Confusion – Indies Unlimited http://ow.ly/6M44302PXSn
- Writing A One-Page Business Plan: 5 Questions A Self-Publisher Must Ask | http://ow.ly/UomB302PXWS
- How to Notify Amazon Buyers about New Content in Your eBook – Indies Unlimited http://ow.ly/d90k302PY17
- Self Published Author | Newsletters: The Hidden Secret to Marketing? http://ow.ly/YgX4302PY45
- Subplot Survival 101 | http://ow.ly/oj7X302PY70
- What Editors Wish You Knew about Meeting with Them at Conferences - The Steve Laube Agency http://ow.ly/lZUb302PYb1