By: Janice Hardy, @Janice_Hardy
I have a good friend who
reads my work during the first draft process (hi Ann!).
She’s my alpha reader, giving me thoughts on rough novels I dump right from my
head onto the page. Bad pages. Messy pages. Pages that don’t always make sense.
It's a tough job, but she’s worth her weight in gold for the invaluable
feedback she provides me.
The merits of beta readers (people who read and offer feedback on a
Alpha readers aren’t for everyone though, and getting
- Look at rough pages of a work in progress on a chapter by chapter basis
- Look at the entire first draft when it’s complete
- Look at a second draft that’s mostly fleshed out, but not yet polished
Benefits of Alpha Readers
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- How to add value to a fiction book so you can sell more - Author Zoo http://ow.ly/LxvAS
- The Cadence Group | Has KDP Pre-order helped level the playing field for authors? http://ow.ly/LxvMd
- But I'm A Writer - I Don't Need A Marketing Plan http://ow.ly/LxvVL
- From Twitter to Business Partners: a #K8Chat Tale http://ow.ly/Lxwm8
- As The World Gets Smaller, Authors’ Jobs Get Bigger | Thought Catalog http://ow.ly/LxwtQ
- The Venn Diagram Stage of Writing | How To Write Shop http://ow.ly/LxwCE
- Novel Rocket: Don't Wait for the Mood to Strike to Write! http://ow.ly/LxwPF
- QueryTracker Blog http://ow.ly/LxwZG WHY AREN’T I GETTING REQUESTS?
- The Declaration Every Great Writer Makes http://ow.ly/Lxx9A
- Blogs | Suspense Author Ninie Hammon http://ow.ly/Lxxm0 Three ways to lead Amazon search bots to YOUR book.
- Stress-Free Mingling Strategies And Conversation Starters For Writers At Conferences - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/LxxDW
- How to Set Up Facebook Dynamic Product Ads | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/LxxLn
- Fiction University: Should You Have an Alpha Reader? http://ow.ly/LxydW
- Writer Unboxed » The Joy of Telling Other People’s Stories http://ow.ly/Lxz6V
- Karen Woodward: Classic Design vs Minimal Design http://ow.ly/LxzfU
- Why dichotomies don’t work in describing the writing process | Creative Writing with the Crimson League http://ow.ly/Lxzoq