By: Rachel Thompson
As a self-published author and social media/branding consultant, I often wear two hats: that of
writer and that of marketer. This is not uncommon to all writers,
really. In order for people to find out about our books, we have to promote
them, build our author platform, and still find time to keep writing (never
mind the hassles of real-life).
Because I initiate all my own marketing, I’ve been able to decide which directions to take that have the most effect (more sales), without a huge outlay of cash. I’ve tried it all. I will say now that you must invest in your writing career – nothing
magically happens when you upload your book and sit back and wait to be
Writer Molly Greene asked me to share the top ways to sell your book – which book promotion tactics really work? But if I may, I’d like to step back and say that there is some background housekeeping stuff you must do first in order to
any promotion successful:
Know your keywords.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- How to Punch Up a Blurb or Query — Guest: Julie Glover | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/L5hWb
- Word Counts - How long should your novel be? - Writers Write http://ow.ly/L5i8j
- Can writing be taught? And what do writing teachers teach? | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/L5iYY
ThrillWriting: Murder She Wrote: Homicide Information for Writers http://ow.ly/L5j78
- 3 Simple Prewriting Strategies http://ow.ly/L5jzq
- Everyone’s A Winner! 9 Tips for Hosting Fun (And Successful) Book Contests | Your Writer Platform http://ow.ly/L5jHl
- How To Keep Calm And Carry On While Waiting To Hear From Agents Or Editors - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/L5nzO
- 5 Book Promotion Tactics That Really Work! | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/L5nQ9
- Your Author and Book Marketing Formula Starts with YOU by Judith Briles — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/L5nVu
- The State of the Spec Screenplay Market in 2014 http://ow.ly/L5obh
- Verb Mistakes #4: Loathe http://ow.ly/L5L2G Daily Writing Tips
- E-books Gained, Online Retailers Slipped in 2014 http://ow.ly/L6otA
Post a Comment