By: Jeff Goins
“If you don’t like my book, I’ll buy it back from you.”
That’s what I tell every single negative Amazon review I’ve ever responded to.
If you bought a car and it didn’t work right, you’d bring it back to the dealership. If you bought a cell phone, and it didn’t do all the amazing things the ad said it would do, you’d want a refund. Right?
I would never want someone to keep a book that didn’t live up to the promises I made as the author. Which is why I tell people, “If you buy one of my books and don’t love it, send me your
Paypal address, and I’ll pay you back..”
I’d rather get the book into the hands of someone who might love it.
Yes, this is a little risky, but I think every author should do this. Why not give your readers the kind of guarantee they deserve? If you don’t love this book, I’ll give you your money back. Do you really want to make a royalty off someone who doesn’t love your work? That just seems wrong.
Offering dissatisfied readers a
refund just makes sense. Here’s why:
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 3 Crucial Principles Of Storytelling You Can Learn From Kevin Spacey + House Of Cards http://ow.ly/LbTy6
- What Social Media Means for Your Marketing | Infographic http://ow.ly/LceDS
- Quit Being A Commodity: How To Get Visibility And Stand Out http://ow.ly/LcfS1
- How Now Shall You Write? - Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/LcfUr
- The Promise Every Author Should Make http://ow.ly/LcfYb
- 10 Tools to Help You Keep Writing | Write to Done http://ow.ly/LcfZV
Inspiring Statistics About Self-Publishing | Wise Ink's Blog
forIndie Authors about Self-Publishing http://ow.ly/Lcg3H
- 7 Tips On Balancing Your Fame And Personal Life - Marketing Tips For Authors http://ow.ly/Lcg5E
- Author, Jody Hedlund: Why It's Perfectly Okay Not To Pursue Publication http://ow.ly/Lcg70
- 9 LinkedIn Publishing Tips That Can Build Your Audience http://ow.ly/Lcg89
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: The 10 Commandments of Highly Productive Professional Writers http://ow.ly/Lcgqp
- 10 Ways for Authors to Handle Bad Reviews | Indie Author News http://ow.ly/Lcgtw
- How the WordPress Philosophy Can Help You Write a Masterpiece http://ow.ly/Lcgxi
- Show What Your Character Is Feeling and Thinking (and Do It Like a Writer, Not a Director) - http://ow.ly/Lcgzg
- Karen Woodward: Mistakes of a Beginning Writer http://ow.ly/LcgEx
Author Entrepreneur: Increase Your Revenue | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/LcgLD
- Five Terms Related to Submitting a Manuscript http://ow.ly/LcgNY
- The Real Price of a Strategy Shift | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/LcgRE
it was vanity, there was self publishing –
- Aimee L. Salter: The Best (and Funniest) Explanation of Book Design You'll Ever See http://ow.ly/Lcioa
- Writability: What I’ve Learned From My Social Media Presence http://ow.ly/Lcj2n
- Is it Reflecton, Interior Monologue or Introspection? | Gail Gaymer Martin http://ow.ly/Lcj56
- The Writer’s Mantra – Tweaked | http://ow.ly/LcjaI Tried and true tips to jump start the imagination...
Post a Comment