By: Victoria Grefer
Today’s post is just a quick reminder…. Something I had to remind myself today because I want to publish more posts, but it’s hard to motivate myself after a full day at work to sit down and write….
PICKING UP THE PEN IS HALF THE BATTLE.
Honestly, just finding the will to get started is the hardest part, whether you are writing fiction, editing it, or trying to get a blog post started.
PICKING UP THE PEN IS HALF THE BATTLE. But why is that?
Well, it’s for a number of reasons I have personally experienced.
1. When you pick up the pen, one of two things will happen. Either you will, at a minimum, work toward maintaining or establishing a routine–that is, maintaining or building momentum–but keeping yourself familiar with your work and your goals, or:
1. You just might win the lottery.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Character Descriptions in Screenplays http://ow.ly/ITFj3 THE KEY TO CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: VIVID, REVEALING DETAILS
- Is My Story Good or Bad? Wrong Question | Fiction Notes http://ow.ly/ITFVD
- A Simple To Do List Tweak for More Productive Writing http://ow.ly/IVBXP
That Add Style To Your Story - Writers Write http://ow.ly/IVGwF Sub-Plots
Why Readers Seek You Out Online - Books & Such Literary Management
Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/IVGIs :
- Fiction University: Writing Characters Whose Loyalty is Uncertain http://ow.ly/IVGUK
- Free book giveaways – when do they work? When don’t they? | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/IVH0v
- How to Get a Custom Book Cover for $5 Using Fiverr by JP Medved | Lindsay Buroker http://ow.ly/IVIH4
for Grownups- Are you Marketing with Social Media? -
Blog http://ow.ly/IVIU9 Jeffbullas's
- Cracking the Writer's Code with Everybody Writes http://ow.ly/IVJ8V
- Podcast - Social Media Just for Writers http://ow.ly/IVJHL Blogging Tips for Authors
Your Social Media Pro Doesn't Want You to Know | Social Media Speaker Dawn Raquel Jensen http://ow.ly/IVK8M What
- Essential Google Analytics Resources for Marketers: A Complete Guide | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/IVKqj
- The Smart Way to Use Surveys to Engage and Grow Your Audience - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/IVKzU
to Build an Efficient Social Media Workflow to Increase
Traffic: @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/IVKLa your
- 101 Tasks You Can Outsource to Virtual Staff to Grow Your Business http://ow.ly/IVL1U
- What We Learned From Our Worst-Performing Content - Hootsuite Social Media Management http://ow.ly/IVLmw
- Tip: 6 Lessons For Building A Highly Engaged LinkedIn Group http://ow.ly/IVLwe
- Can you get customers to trust and love you – even with a “no refunds” policy? Yes, if you do these two things. http://ow.ly/IVLCm
- 3 Reasons You Should Implement Behavior Tagging http://ow.ly/IVLRC
- Is Pinterest Right for You? - Author Media http://ow.ly/IVM6s
- 7 Barriers to Writing You Can Leap Over Today http://ow.ly/IVMcU
- The Single Best Trick for Originality in Your Fiction - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/IVMpN
- Karen Woodward: Pens ’n Prose http://ow.ly/IVMxf
Half the Battle | Creative Writing with the Crimson League http://ow.ly/IVMK3 Pen is
P.S. After not running for three months following foot surgery, it is hard to get back into my exercise routine. Putting on my running shoes is half the battle. Once I lace them up, I'm motivated. It's putting the shoes on that's so difficult. If I set the shoes at the corner of my desk, I either have to trip over them, put them on, or kick them out of the way and feel guilty. It's so much like writing. Both are hard to do but come with such great rewards!
Lace up those shoes and go for a walk/run, write a few hundred words, then pat yourself on the back. Now do it again for the next twenty days and you'll have your routine set. Go for it. You can do it. And you'll feel better too!