I’ll advise you not to use a prologue 99% of the time. That said, I know there are authors who have used it and used it well.
When can you use a prologue? At Writers Write we teach that you can use a prologue:
To bridge a time gap. In The Edge of Reason by Carla Norton, the prologue takes place six years before the story starts.
Reeve was abducted when she twelve and
held captive for four years. The prologue tells of how she escaped. The
inciting moment takes place six years later when her therapist asks her to help
a young girl who has had a similar experience.
When it is the ending of your story.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- The Ultimate List of Writing Apps for iPad http://ow.ly/Fuvjk
- We are pro the prologue - sometimes - Writers Write http://ow.ly/Fuy4C
- The Psychology of Flow: What Game Design Reveals about the Deliberate Tensions of Great Writing | Brain Pickings http://ow.ly/FuysO
- Meet the Reader: 10 Tips to Get On With It - Script Magazine http://ow.ly/FuyzB
BookBubExplained « Nancy's Notes From Florida http://ow.ly/Fuz1u
- Holly Schindler's Character Driven: REVISION STRATEGIES http://ow.ly/Fuz4w
- 3 Writing "Cheats" for Making Dialogue Work Harder & Ring True | MuseInks http://ow.ly/FuzhG
- What Makes a Good Story? Slush Pile Lessons #PubTip - JeriWB http://ow.ly/FuzXu
- Black Gate » Blog Archive » Find the Conflict: Unblocking (or Actually Planning!) your NaNoWriMo Novel http://ow.ly/FuNQE
- Killing the Villain: A Daring Plot Device | Writing Is Hard Work http://ow.ly/FuNUm
Rosenberg: Writing Characters Who Aren’t Like You
.. . Completely http://ow.ly/FuO1z
- What To Do When You Can't Settle On A Story Idea - Clever Help http://ow.ly/FuO5T
Is Concept The First Concern In Screenwriting
?The Story Department http://ow.ly/FuObK
- Why Is It So Difficult To Write Well? | Writing Is Hard Work http://ow.ly/FuSaH
- The Path to Deepening Your Protagonist - Writingeekery http://ow.ly/FuSgy
Mythcreants» Five Unrealistic Character Traits http://ow.ly/FuSo0
to Get Read: 8 Ways to Take
yourBlog From Existence to Greatness: @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/FuThW
- Ebook Publishing Gets More Difficult From Here: How Indie Authors Can Survive and Thrive | Mark Coker http://ow.ly/FuTrJ
- Fiction University: Your Scene Needs a Problem http://ow.ly/FuTvG
- Has Your eBook Been Pirated? What To Do: Step 1 | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/FuTDN
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: Blogging for Authors: How to Create a Blog that Can Grow With Your Career http://ow.ly/FvsCf
Post a Comment