By: Blake Atwood
If you have, it’s likely that you’ve heard more about the author than the book itself. After a not-so-stellar review of his book at TidBITS, an Apple news website, Harper went on a commenting rampage, picking apart the reviewer’s opinions piece by piece and rebutting nearly every other commenter on the review. It’s a rant of epic proportions.
After reading through his comments, I can’t tell if he’s serious or if it’s a publicity stunt. Then again, considering the amount of time and effort he’s put into defending his work, it’s likely legitimate, although emotionally charged.
The entire affair is an extreme example of the absolutely worst way to respond to a book review.
The only way to respond to a bad book review…
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- How to Make the First Cut in a Writing Contest | The Review Review http://ow.ly/F5fsQ
- 20 Ways to Increase Your Facebook Likes and Engagement - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/F6nQw
- A Not-So-Classically Trained Writer • Keep Your Characters In Order: How to Make a... http://ow.ly/F64jX
- Character Date Ideas #2 | Cheryl Reif Writes http://ow.ly/F64qE
- Who's Your Ideal Reader? - Books & Such Literary Management : Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/F64tn
- Why Character Names Are the Secret Ingredient to Your Story http://ow.ly/F64Ic
- Finding Your Beginning in “The End”: Are You a Trustworthy Writer? | KayeDacus.com http://ow.ly/F64Ny
- Fiction University: What Makes Your Characters Uncomfortable? http://ow.ly/F6c32
- Janet Fitch's 10 Tips That Can Help Any Writer - BookBaby Blog http://ow.ly/F6dAC
- How do You Use LinkedIn? [INFOGRAPHIC] - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/F6dIs
- Why Marketing Your Book is Like Trying to Lose Weight - The Savvy Book Marketer http://ow.ly/F6ebi
- Writers: 10 Ways To Stay Sane When You’re On A Deadline - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/F6mO2
- Janet Fitch's 10 Tips That Can Help Any Writer - BookBaby Blog http://ow.ly/F6mXo
- Oxford Dictionaries Team Creates a ‘Word of the Year’ Infographic - GalleyCat http://ow.ly/F6n3M
- 5 Ways Re-Posting Other Bloggers’ Content Rips Them Off | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/F6nyP
- Writer Unboxed » The Online Presence That’s a Natural Extension of Who You Are and What You Do. (Is It Just Fantasy?) http://ow.ly/F6nIf
- What’s The Best Software For Writing Ebooks? - A Brief Introduction - Learn Out Live! http://ow.ly/F6o16
- Virtual Book Tour: Syncing Forward • Simpson's Paradox http://ow.ly/F6o3L
- Mobile - Six Mobile Marketing Predictions for 2015 MarketingProfs Article http://ow.ly/F6o8K
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: Frazzled, Overwhelmed, Swamped? A Writer's Guide to Mental Health http://ow.ly/F6VAI
- Braiding Your Book’s Three Parts | Writers In The Storm http://ow.ly/F6W3s @BookLaurie
- 5 Reasons to Write the Book You Need to WriteWritersDigest.com | WritersDigest.com http://ow.ly/F6Zu6
- Why Is Concept The First Concern In Screenwriting? The Story Department http://ow.ly/F6ZwT
- How to Build a Targeted Twitter Tribe of 100,000 http://ow.ly/F74cM
- Teachable Lit | Gifts that Encourage Reading http://ow.ly/F74hf
- Janet Reid, Literary Agent: Query Question: Now that I have an agent, what mistakes can I avoid? http://ow.ly/F755p