By: Book Marketing Tools
There are two different kinds of book marketing, active marketing and passive marketing, and both are important.
Active marketing is when you go out to tell others about your book through blog tours, giveaways, free promotions, tweeting about your book, and more.
Passive marketing is setting up fan building and book selling mechanisms once, which will help you to continue to sell books passively once they are all set up.
A combination of both of these forms of book marketing will definitely help you to sell more books.
Use Calls To Action
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Seriously Write: Five Tips for Marketing Your Masterpiece, Part Two by Meaghan Burnett http://ow.ly/CMVxp
- Writer Unboxed » What You Pay for When You Hire a PR Firm http://ow.ly/CMY0Z
- Top 10 Mistakes Every Author Should Avoid|Small Business PR http://ow.ly/CMYdC
- How Authors Can Create Successful Blog Plans - Write Nonfiction NOW! http://ow.ly/CMYm1
- Six Keys to Writing a Story with Spiritual Content | WordServe Water Cooler http://ow.ly/CMYs3
- Why a Newsletter is a Marketing Must - Author Marketing Experts, Inc. http://ow.ly/CMYyt
- Writability: How to Write Effective Betrayal http://ow.ly/CMZ8w
- Voice – what you say, and how you say it at SF Novelists http://ow.ly/CMZjh
- Put Calls To Action In The Back Of Your Books To Sell More Books | Book Marketing Tools Blog http://ow.ly/CMZuP
- 5 Things For Authors To Tweet About (That Aren’t “Buy My Book!”) | Book Marketing Tools Blog http://ow.ly/CN1qC
- Book Publishing, Not Fact-Checking - The Atlantic http://ow.ly/CN1LH
- Fiction University: NaNoWriMo Prep: Planning Your Novel’s Middle http://ow.ly/CN20I
- Author, Jody Hedlund: Encouragement for Writers Who Don't Know If They Should Keep Going http://ow.ly/CN28i
- From Sarah, With Joy: How To Write In A New Genre (And 4 Reasons You Should) http://ow.ly/CN2kD
- How One Business Increased Facebook Fans by 200 Percent | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/CN4jy
- 25 Ideas to Transform Ho-Hum Infographics into Something Extraordinary - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/CN4nW
- Your Blog as Part of an Overarching Business Strategy : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/CN4rb
- Is Crowdsourced Editing Right for Your Book? by Corina Koch MacLeod and Carla Douglas — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/CN4zY
- Dreams vs. Goals: Give Your Writing Dreams Marching Orders | KayeDacus.com http://ow.ly/CN4EW
- Five Things to Know About Your Book–and Yourself–Before Starting a Publicity Campaign - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/CNNkZ
- How to Write Successful Emails (and Improve Open Rates): @problogger http://t.co/gdZNytfiHu
- 6 Tools to Make Your Life Easier - Books & Such Literary Management: Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/COLSq