By: Erika Liodice
Back in July, I wrote a post about my reluctant journey into the seemingly overwhelming world of audiobook production and the lessons I learned along the way. I shared my advice for choosing a narrator and selecting the right royalty structure, and warned of some production perils to avoid. Many of you responded to that post with questions about how to market an audiobook. As a former corporate marketeer, your interest in this side of things got me excited— probably because my friends’ eyes glaze over when I say words like “metadata” or “demographics”—so I’ve returned today to address the issue.
As an independent author and publisher, I’m constantly faced with the challenge of how to compete in a crowded marketplace with titles that have big budgets and entire publicity teams behind them. Many shy away from the challenge, chalking it up as impossible, but I’ve learned that you can reach readers without spending big money; you just have to be creative.
Here are nine easy and inexpensive ideas you can try right away…
Just as there are reviewers for print and e-books, there are reviewers who specialize in audiobooks.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: How to Write Chapter Endings That Make Readers Want to Turn the Page http://ow.ly/CHNGS
- Writer Unboxed » 9 Easy & Inexpensive Ways to Promote Your Audiobook http://ow.ly/CJ3yq
- #Publishing: 6 Hot Trends in Indie Book Marketing - JeriWB http://ow.ly/CJ3Fn
- Character Talents and Skills: Reading The Weather - WRITERS HELPING WRITERSWRITERS HELPING WRITERS http://ow.ly/CJ3MN
- Dreams vs. Goals: Do You Dream of Being a Writer? | KayeDacus.com http://ow.ly/CJ3TH
- 9 Reasons Your Reader is Bored | Ingrid's Notes http://ow.ly/CJ3ZM
- 3 Ways Community Improves Your Writing | Linda S. Clare http://ow.ly/CJ4gd
- Succeed At Writing: The Writer's Secret Magical Genius Part 2 http://ow.ly/CJ4uU
- BookMarketingBuzzBlog: How To Sell Your Book In 10 Steps http://ow.ly/CJ4Nk
- How to deal with literary rejection: keep going! http://ow.ly/CJ4W7
- Is E-Reading to Your Toddler Story Time, or Simply Screen Time? | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/CJ54e
- ThrillWriting: Arson Information for Thriller Writers http://ow.ly/CJ5bF
- Think Short to Finally Get that Book Blogged http://ow.ly/CJ5jj
- Following Up on Submissions | Self-Published Authors Helping Other Authors http://ow.ly/CJ5o7
- Seriously Write: Scene Setting Tips by Gina Holmes http://ow.ly/CJ5u8
- Writing and Marketing: 4 Major Mistakes to Avoid When Writing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/CL4tk
- The Flush Pile - An Author's Perspective - Writer's Diary Writer's Diary http://ow.ly/CL6oU