By: Book Marketing Tools
Book reviews are a form of social proof…
When a reader is deciding whether or not to buy a book, one of the things they look at is the reviews.
A lack of reviews can cause potential readers to move onto another book. It’s obvious how important reviews are, but it can be tough to get reviews, especially for new books.
Chicken or the Egg?
Getting reviews is a lot like the classic “Which came first: the chicken or the egg?” puzzle. It’s harder to get people to buy your book if you don’t have reviews, but it’s hard to get reviews if people don’t buy and read your book.
It can be tough, but it IS possible to get reviews. It does take some hustle and work to find people to review your book, but it can be done! Plus, by reaching out in unusual places to get more reviews, you can expose your book to an even wider audience and hopefully get more sales!
So how do you get more reviews?
Here are some great ways to get more reviews for your books:
1) Ask your readers in the back of the book.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 20 Powerful Ideas for Creating and Marketing Your EBook - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/vkKKM
- Karen Cioffi Writing and Marketing: Book Marketing - The Foundation http://ow.ly/vkKZA
- How To Create A Killer Marketing Plan For Your Book Launch http://ow.ly/vkLeP
- BookMarketingBuzzBlog: Blog About Your Book The Way A Newspaper Would Write About It http://ow.ly/vkNdI
- On Pacing, Flashbacks, and Bad Guys Being Bad: An Email Response | Ania Ahlborn | The Blog http://ow.ly/vkNE9
- The Internet vs. The Web http://ow.ly/vkNP3 Daily Writing Tips
- Writer/Blogger? You May Need a Contact Page Intervention | Catherine, Caffeinated http://ow.ly/vkOQO
- Story, Character and Contradiction http://ow.ly/vkP7r
- How many words do you write a day? And do you have to force yourself? How successful authors do it | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/vkPkR
- Author, Jody Hedlund: 9 Ways to Grow in Writing Skills http://ow.ly/vkPyv
- 6 Ways To Get More Book Reviews | Book Marketing Tools Blog http://ow.ly/vkPHF
- How To Use Twitter Lists To Grow Your Blog | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/vkQID
- 6 Ways User-Generated Content Can Double Your ROI | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/vkVNL
- How to Decide Which Content to Sell and What to Give Away for Free - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/vkW28
- Mystery Of The “Hybrid”: Just A Phase For Authors? | Thought Catalog http://ow.ly/vlHiU
Post a Comment