By: The BookBaby Blog
Are you worrying about all the wrong things?
When you take control of your own writing career, there’s a lot to keep track of: the writing itself, book design, publishing, accounting, social media, maintaining a website, book tours, PR campaigns, blogging, and so much more.
With all that responsibility, it’s easy to lose track of what’s important. If you stress about each task equally, you’ll end up doing none of them well.
To help clarify your vision, here’s a little reminder:
Your #1 marketing goal as an indie author should be to build your email list
Why? Because countless studies have shown that a subscriber on your email list is FAR more likely to take a requested action than one of your social media followers. In other words, when you announce a limited-time sale on your newest book, you’re going to get the best results (at least in terms of percentages) from your email newsletter.
This is increasingly the case as social platforms like Facebook make it more difficult to reach your followers without paid advertising or promotion.
Make sure you have an email signup form on your website
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Should Novelists Write About Writing? Here’s Why Not - Mridu Khullar Relph http://ow.ly/vnJzT
- Fiction University (The Other Side of the Story): Five Ways to Grow Your Novel http://ow.ly/vnLWq
- Screenwriting Article - The Secret To Writing Good Dialogue - ScriptShadow http://ow.ly/vnMde
- Do Authors Dream of Electric Books?: Beware: writer at work by Roz Morris http://ow.ly/vnMzK
- The Art Of Using Correct Verb Tenses In Your Writing http://ow.ly/vnMOZ
- 13 Google+ Tools to Improve Your Marketing | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/vnVqb
- Branding 101 For Authors http://ow.ly/vnVDD
- 3 tips to writing better action scenes in your novel http://ow.ly/vnXpt
- How to Fill a “Hole” on the Bookstore Shelf by Nina Amir — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/vnXBi
- Comparing Yourself with Others | Self-Published Authors Helping Other Authors http://ow.ly/vnXOT
- 5 Ideas for Writing Blog Posts When You Feel Stuck | Goins, Writer http://ow.ly/vnY6x
- Is Honesty the Most Important Trait in a Likable Character? - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/vnYfw
- RT @CliveEaton: MARKETING TIPS 4 Authors - The importance of creating an #Author brand - http://t.co/pPPnqfkkaX #ASMSG
- The Future of Hybrid Authors + Who Influences Our Purchases [Smart Set] | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/voaPD
- 3 Reasons You Should Stop Seeking Validation http://ow.ly/vogGK
- How to Increase Fan Engagement on Your Facebook Page — Amy Porterfield http://ow.ly/voj0v
- How to build your email list: email marketing tips for authors http://ow.ly/vol71
- A Writer's Biggest Struggle | Goins, Writer http://ow.ly/voM24
- Filing Taxes as a Freelancer: 10 Mistakes to Avoid http://ow.ly/voOZi
- Building a Theme through Character Arcs | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/vp0lr
Post a Comment