By: Jeff Bullas
Just about everyone is a blogger these days whether they realize it or not.
If you write something on Facebook and receive comments and feedback then you are a blogger.
Tweet a short sentence of 140 characters on Twitter and you are a micro blogger.
Upload a video to YouTube where you can obtain subscribers and elicit comments, then you are a video blogger.
Arianna Huffington said that “self expression has become the new entertainment” and people are increasingly likely to participate online than just vegetate in front of the television.
It is creating an explosion of creativity and expression that is opening up digital doors for invisible experts worldwide.
Formal qualifications such as a degree or a diploma are still vital in a knowledge economy and display good educational discipline. The fact though is that no longer do you have to wait 20 years to be declared a visible formal expert by an institution or mass media outlet who has picked or anointed you. Pick yourself and publish.
The democratization of publishing and marketing through self publishing (blogging) and self marketing (social media) are breaking down barriers to display invisible experts who previously would have been hidden from view.
Professional Blogging Platform
If you want to take a serious stake online to display your passion and knowledge then a self hosted blog with your own domain name is the clever way to proceed. This is a professional blogging platform. If you want to play then Tumblr or a Facebook “page” can provide a simple home base for amateurs.
If you have an inkling or even a tiny thought that your online brand may become your day job and profession, or you may want to change your lifestyle in the future then building a good foundation with a WordPress blog is essential.
. . .
The 10 Benefits of Blogging
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Writability: Fixing the First Page Feature Giveaway! http://ow.ly/vSUcP
- What are the 10 Secret Benefits of Blogging? http://ow.ly/vSUhW
- "4 Resources on How To Optimize Your Website's SEO Using Social Media" - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/vSUon
- Sales - The Huge Opportunity E-Commerce Marketers Are Overlooking : MarketingProfs Article http://ow.ly/vSUu9
- World's Best-Selling Author James Patterson On How To Write An Unputdownable Story | http://ow.ly/vSUyV
- 15 Twitter Facts and Figures for 2014 You Need to Know - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/vSUBP
- Who to Follow on Pinterest http://ow.ly/vSUKM Best Pinners to Follow
- Pinterest Expert Shares 10 Fatal Pinterest Mistakes You Are Probably … http://ow.ly/vSUR0
- 10 Pinterest Tips for Writers - Social Media Just for Writers http://ow.ly/vSV4f
- RT @elizabethscraig: Tips for better plotting: http://ow.ly/vB6qb @johnhornor
- The Single Most Important Thing Your Query Letter Must Do If You Want To Get A Literary Agent - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/vSVnl
- Wordpress: Simple, but Effective Author Websites http://ow.ly/vSVtx
- Writing Longhand | Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/vSVxn
- Complicated Dialogue: Keeping 5 Characters in Line http://ow.ly/vTAHF
- Why Are Romance Authors Better at Marketing & Promotion? [Smart Set] | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/vTAXd’
- Fiction Notes | SCENE 30: Scene Checklist http://ow.ly/vTKoE
- Can Genre Fiction Be “Art”? | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/vUcfa
Post a Comment