WRITE YOUR CHARACTER’S PASSION
By: Linda Clare
We often hear advice telling writers to "write what you're passionate about." Fair enough, especially if you as Rachelle Gardner says, "balance your passion with what the market will support." For fiction writers, perhaps we should go one better. Write what your CHARACTER is passionate about.
Writing Tip for Today: The best fiction is always about the deep emotions of the character. If readers buy into those emotions, they're hooked. How can you better write your character's passions?
Motivation is Key--But Back Story Can Wait.
To read the rest of the post, click here.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Linda Clare's Writer's Tips: Write Your Character's Passion http://ow.ly/qTB4Y
- How to Enjoy Marketing Your Fiction (Even If You Hate Selling) | storyrally http://ow.ly/qTB6l
- Twitter Custom Timelines: This Week in Social Media | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/qTB81
- Get this Marketing Cornerstone Right … Or Go Home | Copyblogger http://ow.ly/qTBbi
- Stop Worrying What Others Think And Write Your Damn Story http://ow.ly/qTBeu
- Writing to a Theme | Mystery Writing is Murder http://ow.ly/qTBfw
- Misused Backstory or Flashback http://ow.ly/qTBjc
- Writability: How to Write Emotion Effectively http://ow.ly/qTBlc
- How to write an effective blurb http://ow.ly/qTBm1
- The Difference Between Marketing & Publicity by M.J. Rose & Randy Susan Meyers http://ow.ly/qUv8O
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: Are Your Family and Friends Sabotaging your Writing Dreams? http://ow.ly/qUo6d
- 4 Ways For Authors To Reach The Right Audience For Your Book | Digital Book World http://ow.ly/qUBTN
- Amazon Wants You to Personalize Your Kindle | Digital Book World http://ow.ly/qUBWH
- 28 Amazing Content Marketing Ideas You Can Use Now - Heidi Cohen http://ow.ly/qUBYO
- Court Denies Bid to Examine Amazon’s E-book Pricing | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/qUC0Z
- Don’t Waste Those Seven Keywords | It's Write Now http://ow.ly/qUCkO
- One Thing You MUST Do After the Climax of Your Novel | Ninie Hammon http://ow.ly/qUDPL
- Is Your Blog Pinterest Worthy? | Author Media http://ow.ly/qUDY6
- Writability: Critique Etiquette: Should You Resubmit Revisions? http://ow.ly/qUE1J
- Why You Should Join Amazon AuthorCentral » Book Promotion . com http://ow.ly/qUE50
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Post a Comment