NEW BEGINNINGS AND PRAYERFUL GOODBYES
|Gathered for prayer|
My family has spent the last few days gathered at my mom’s bedside. As a blessed child of God she has had both blessings and hardships, but throughout them all, she has always been faithful.
|The five Lowry children|
A few months short of her 87th birthday, this will probably be her last day with us. Is there anything I haven’t said that needs saying other than one last “I love you” and one last “thank you"? No. Is there one last kiss that needs to be given. Yes. Is there one last hand squeeze that needs to be made to convey my hope for her as she leaves this life and runs into the arms of our Lord. Yes.
|A third of the clan . . .|
She doesn’t know who I am now, and I wonder if I have become the person she hoped I would be when she held me in her arms after I was born. I wonder if I have brought her more smiles than tears, more laughs than screams, more pride than disappointment? I hope so.
She won't read my next book. She won’t hear about the results of my next race. She won’t see pictures of my grandchildren scoring goals or dancing in recitals, but that’s okay. The drive, compassion, strength of character that flows in her veins, flows in mine, flows in my children's. She will live on in all of our lives because we are all part of each other.
Annie Lyle Poe Lowry is a very special lady. A true Southern lady with a South Carolina accent as sweet as sweet tea. We will miss you, Mom.
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Writability: Pirating Books: It’s Not a Harmless Download http://ow.ly/mj5ff
- Writer Unboxed » Dos and Don’ts for a Good Self-Published PR Experience http://ow.ly.mjkjZ
- Beyond Paper Editing: How to Create an Ebook With Sigil: It's Easier Than You Think http://ow.ly/mjkmr
- What Sells a Book? | Self-Publishing Review http://ow.ly/mjkrz
- Writing on the Ether: While You Were Bashing Amazon | Porter Anderson http://ow.ly/mjktf
- Don't make these 4 common author mistakes on LinkedIn - Build Book Buzz http://ow.ly/mjkx9
- Notes From Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/mk08D
- 25 Ways to Be More Creative http://ow.ly/mjkGk
- All about character arcs! | Jordan McCollum http://ow.ly/mjkKj
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.