There’s one key aspect to writing that authors either love or hate. Promotion. We either find it exciting and can’t wait to dive in or we fortify ourselves with pots of coffee followed by bottles of wine all the while wishing our books would magically appear on the bestsellers list with no effort on our part.
I’m one of those authors who fortify myself with a fresh pot of coffee and some of my favorite chocolate before I dive in. But I’m not relying on magic. I have a Street Team!
A street team is made up of readers who love your storytelling and want to help get the word out about your book(s).
Why have a street team?
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- The Indie Life: Why We Need Street Teams http://ow.ly/m06QC via @steenaholmes
- Four Ways to Find Writing Time http://ow.ly/m0c7W via @write_practice
- Straying From the Party Line: Casablanca: http://t.co/BJK6H2PjG7 @CockeyedCaravan RT @elizabethscraig
- Your book in one sentence: http://t.co/4TEhp6vP5w @mooderino RT @elizabethscraig
- 25 Helpful Writerly and Twitter Terms http://ow.ly/m17tC via @Ava_Jae
- Why The Hero’s Journey is a Tourist Trap http://ow.ly/m17Uj via Writer_Unboxed
- Why Your Blog Posts Are Falling Short of Greatness and What To Do About It http://ow.ly/m186G via @problogger
- Writers: 5 Tips on How to Identify Your Target Audience http://ow.ly/m18kA via @thecreativepenn
- Notes From Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/m1JTM
- 8 Reasons To Publish Quality Content http://t.co/dPlFogRxuu via @itsjessicann RT @cnord2
- Self-published ebook sales reach 20% of genre market http://ow.ly/m1MAx
- What Do Authors Have in Common with Orchestra Conductors? http://t.co/0Wb1NzRx6x @fcmalby RT @elizabethscraig
- Blood-Red Pencil: An Original Way to Make Any Story Plausible http://t.co/yiCYLAqikX RT @janice_hardy
- Em Dashes: The Correct Way to Write Them into Your... http://t.co/Lmld928nst @AmericanEditing RT @janice_hardy
- New Smashwords Research Helps Authors and Publishers Sell More Ebooks http://ow.ly/m1PFW
- Don’t Dumb Down Your Characters http://ow.ly/m1PL8
- Character Blunders http://ow.ly/m1PYV via Lynnette Labelle
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.