Any story with a romance plot–either as the main plot or a strong secondary plot–has an especially unique challenge. The two love interests must overcome obstacles that threaten to tear them apart, while at the same time drawing them closer together. This enables relationship growth, and it’s a delicious juxtaposition that makes romance novels so popular with readers. How will these two people, against all odds, reach their happily ever after?
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Conflict & Adhesive-Two Vital Components of Romance http://ow.ly/lZEl5 via @Writeitsideways
- Write, Learn, Revise, Rinse, Repeat: http://t.co/0Zcel5047L @atrueblood5 RT @elizabethscraig
- Gender and Romance in Fantasy http://t.co/uWI0r580bf @CynLeitichSmith RT @janice_hardy
- KDP Select Still Works in 2013 (or how my novel was downloaded 17,000 times in 3 days) http://ow.ly/lYPQ8
- EBook Revenue Growth Stalling Out? Ebooks Flat in January http://ow.ly/lYQ5y (These figures are slightly late)
- Facebook Ads vs Promoted Posts: A Side-by-Side Comparison http://ow.ly/lYQfk
- The Future Of Self-Publishing http://ow.ly/lYQi0 via @PassiveVoiceBlg
- The 6 Most Important Lessons Of Marketing http://ow.ly/lYQoF
- Pinterest: The Ultimate Writing Resource http://ow.ly/lYRfd
- Notes From Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/lZBF7
- Getting Tired of Smashwords? http://ow.ly/lYTHf
- How to Stay Focused in a World of Distraction: http://t.co/3Cbvs506AU @CarlaYoung RT @elizabethscraig
- Why Choose Hootsuite Pro Over Hootsuite Free? http://ow.ly/lZECn via @kirstythewriter
- Myths of Being a Published Writer: Part 2 http://ow.ly/lZEYQ
- 7 Bestseller Book Marketing Strategies For Fiction Writers http://ow.ly/lZFb3
- How to Create a Word Progress Chart in Excel http://ow.ly/lZFLp via @Ava_Jae
- How to Put Social Media on Autopilot – So You Can Finish Your Book http://ow.ly/lZG3T via @AuthorMedia
- How to Use Pinterest Analytics: 6 Metrics Worth Measuring: http://t.co/puTjvEl1kU @smexaminer RT @elizabethscraig
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.