And now that we’ve plotted wrong, characterized wrong, and written wrong. . .let’s talk about how to sit down with that baby and revise it wrong.
- Be obsessed with letting your language ‘breathe’
This is code for: “Be unwilling to revise anything but inexcusable errors and typos.” This is because you must trust, you must trust in the process (didn’t your Discount Life Coach tell you that only last week?), you must understand that those words in that order in those sentences came out of you by Divine Inspiration and cannot be tampered with without losing their ‘freshness’ and ’spark.’
‘Freshness’ and ’spark’ being code for: “Accidentally getting it right.” Because you don’t actually have a clue what you’re doing.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Bad Revision, in 3 Easy Steps: http://t.co/Hupz002X9F @VictoriaMixon RT @elizabethscraig:
- Build a better blog: Resources to start with http://ow.ly/lWj4D
- 5 Common Synopsis Mistakes That Fiction Writers Make http://ow.ly/lWkX
- Writing Resources: No Plot? No Problem! http://ow.ly/lWlcz via @melissadonovan
- Vine Surpasses Instagram In Twitter Shares http://ow.ly/lWlhy
- 5 Creative Ways to Drive More Traffic to Your Blog Posts http://ow.ly/lWlm1 via smexaminer
- The Power of the Double-Whammy Headline: How to Increase the Chances of Your Content Being Read http://ow.ly/lWlyM via @copyblogger
- Character Archetypes 101: The Jester http://ow.ly/lWlJF
- Notes From Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/lXdxp
- Confusion of Subjective and Objective Pronouns http://ow.ly/lXhpY via Daily Writing Tips
- The Secret Weapon of Story Physics: Narrative Strategy http://ow.ly/lXhEx via @storyfix
- How to Identify and Remove Trivial Detail From Your Stories http://ow.ly/lXnZs
- Energize your writing with verbs: http://t.co/kpBCvHk8ni @write_practice RT @elizabethscraig
- Is Your Story Suffering From the Montage Effect? http://ow.ly/lYmys via @KMWeiland
- How to Stay Noticed http://ow.ly/lYmKe via Writer Unboxed
- Author Blogging 101: How Long Should Your Blog Posts Be? http://ow.ly/lYmRG via @jfbookman
- Authors are demanding higher payments from publishers for their works to be lent by libraries as e-books http://ow.ly/lYmZ7
- Drowning In Data – How Can Businesses Stay Afloat In The Sea Of Social Media? [INFOGRAPHIC] http://ow.ly/lYn74
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.