By Heidi Cohen @HeidiCohen
Social media drives sales. This isn’t a finger in the air, “I think social media contributes to our business,” concept that’s difficult to quantify. Sales and customers are metrics you can readily track.
Social media generates 14% of all leads and 13% of all customers, and customers translate to sales, according to Hubspot’s 2013 State of Inbound Marketing whitepaper, based on their online survey of marketing and business professionals between January 31 and February 14, 2013. These aren’t elusive metrics such as branding influence that require a survey to calculate. Rather sales and customers are readily measurable by your finance or analytics department.
Specifically, the following six social media platforms enabled businesses, both B2B and B2C, to acquire a customer.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 6 Social Media Marketing Tips To Generate Sales http://ow.ly/kOfeY via @HeidiCohen
- What authors think about KDP select: http://t.co/60Lg6UFqwu @AshKrafton xRT @elizabethscraig:
- Deep Scene Challenge: Part 1 of 3 http://ow.ly/kOegR
- The 7 Types of Plots: The Quest http://ow.ly/kOent
- The Ultimate Story Checklist: In A Lonely Place http://ow.ly/kOeSs via Cockeyed Caravan
- Letting go of the first draft http://t.co/0HwWKzF0FL RT @evelyn_puerto
- Tips to Treasure: Writing Tips with Siri Mitchell http://ow.ly/kOf2D
- Curate And Embed Twitter Lists On Your Website With This Tool http://ow.ly/kOfk4
- Notes From Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/kOT77
- How To Attract Readers By Creating A ‘Lighthouse’ Author Brand http://ow.ly/kOYJC
- More Answers to Questions About Commas http://ow.ly/kPcLj via Daily Writing Tips
- How to Shop at a Bookstore: An Easy 20-Step Guide for #Authors http://t.co/iZBsN5s4qn via @kristikemprice @randomhouse RT @mgranovsky
- A Proofreading Checklist: What to look for before calling it done http://ow.ly/kQ5Y2 via @melissabreau
- Tips for Overcoming Writer's Block by Rosemary Hines http://ow.ly/kQ69D via Seriously Write
- Minimizing Risk as a Writer—a Guide for the Risk-Adverse http://ow.ly/kQ6if via @elizabethscraig
- The State of Indie Publishing http://ow.ly/kQ6CJ by Karen Schechner
- Dos and Don'ts for poets: http://t.co/Puep8zjLoT @poetrynews RT @elizabethscraig
- Author Blogging 101: Introduction to SEO, Part 2 http://ow.ly/kQ7Qd via @jfbookman
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.