By Mark Coker @markcoker
Last year at the 2012 RT Booklovers in Chicago, I released a first-of-its-kind study that analyzed indie ebook sales data. Our goal was to identify potential factors that could help authors sell more ebooks.
Last week at the 2013 RT Booklovers convention in Kansas City, I shared new, updated data in a session titled, Money, Money, Money — Facts & Figures for Financial Payoff. Now I'm sharing this data and my findings with you.
Some of the results were surprising, some were silly, and some I expect will inform smarter pricing and publishing decisions in the year ahead.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- New Smashwords Survey Helps Authors Sell More eBooks http://ow.ly/kRzt9
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/kRlcw
- Agents Represent Authors via @RachelleGardner http://ow.ly/kRltf
- Unsolicited Writing Advice to Never Follow: http://t.co/bwUE2tMYXy @EdieMelson RT @elizabethscraig
- Writing Without Pants – Does Outlining Kill Creativity? http://ow.ly/kRlJB
- “Scale” is a theme everybody in publishing needs to be thinking about http://ow.ly/kRlUG via @PassiveVoiceBlg
- Writers: Beware of Good Books, Unless . . . http://ow.ly/kRm3n via Writer Unboxed
- Do You Write Memoir or Self-Help? Life at the Inflection Point http://ow.ly/kRmcD
- International Sales: Could Your Book Be Popular Worldwide? http://ow.ly/kRmkU via Fiction Notes
- How To Sell Loads of Books http://t.co/E8W04BnObS Great advice.RT @evelyn_puerto
- How to Style Titles of Print and Online Publications http://ow.ly/kS8vm via Daily Writing Tips
- Creating A Viral Slideshare: What I Learned http://ow.ly/kS8TR
- 5 Ways To Get More Traffic From Pinterest http://ow.ly/kS90N
- 50 Simple Ways to Build Your Platform in 5 Minutes a Day By Christina Katz http://ow.ly/kS98W
- How to Approach a Literary Agent (Written by a real life AP Watt Agent) http://ow.ly/kS9il
- The Power of Freebies http://ow.ly/kS9tH via Seriously Write
- The Cover That Launched a Thousand iBookstore Sales http://ow.ly/kS9WD via @GalleyCat
- You Have Permission http://ow.ly/kSa6V via @thecreativepenn
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.