By: Dianne Harman @DianneDHarman
Now you know approximately how old I am. Big deal. According to the Internet, and we all know that everything on there is absolutely true, there are approximately 76 million to 79 million boomers in the U.S., approximately 28% of the population. That's a lot of people!
So, what is a baby boomer?
A pure definition is someone who was born between 1946 - 1964, but it's an elastic group. Other sources say it refers to children of men who served in WWII. Throw in Vietnam, Woodstock and those who like to rebel (and yes, my dog's name is "Rebel") or people who like to boom or make noise, and it becomes a mindset. The one thing I've seen agreement on is that it refers to the upsize in births following WWII.
What are they reading?
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- What Are Boomers Reading? http://ow.ly/kLJO3 via @diannedharman
- Writing a Sex Scene http://ow.ly/kLH18 via Maureen Fisher
- 5 Most Common Mistakes when Running Facebook Contests http://ow.ly/kLKad via Southmouths
- 8-Step Plan for Landing Book Promotion Endorsements http://ow.ly/kLKgj
- AuthorCulture: Description Then and Now http://t.co/5ga8aXOWGt RT @evelyn_puerto
- My Experience Advertising My Ebook with BookBub http://ow.ly/kLKqG via Lindsay Buroker
- How To Get Over A Destructive Critique http://ow.ly/kLL2T via @woodwardkaren
- Improve Your Writing By Eliminating Redundancies http://ow.ly/kLLdV via @melissadonovan
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/kMvpo
- Are Tense Shifts Advisable? http://ow.ly/kMF1T via Daily Writing Tips
- Are You Choosing the Best Words to Describe Your Setting? http://ow.ly/kMFcH via Janice_Hardy
- Twitter Will Outlast (And Possibly Destroy) Print Publications http://ow.ly/kMFME
- Do You Write Memoir or Self-Help? Life at the Inflection Point http://ow.ly/kMGeE via @jfbookman
- Scholastic Summer Challenge Launches for Seventh Year http://ow.ly/kMGxn Summer project to get kids reading
- Social Media for Writers: A Kool-Aid Drinking Cult? http://ow.ly/kMHeH via @JodyHedlund
- The fate of today’s book bloggers http://ow.ly/kMHxM via @PassiveVoiceBlg
- What Do Authors Have in Common with Orchestra Conductors? http://ow.ly/kMI5d via @fcmalby
- Teaser Tweets: Treat Them Like the Lede http://ow.ly/kMG4A
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
TWEETABLE:Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.
Post a Comment