Creating a USP for your book
By Clive Eaton @CliveEaton
USP stands for Unique Selling Proposition (or Unique Selling Point). It is about differentiating your product (in this case a book) from the rest.
In an earlier post I discussed the importance of a book cover. The right cover does sell a book, or at least grabs the attention of a potential reader. So how can you differentiate between your book and others, if both have similarly attractive covers? Most book covers on the Internet are flat two-dimensional images. By producing a 3D cover, and perhaps adding a review, you can make the book stand out. Below are two views of the cover of my book - The Pyramid Legacy. The one on the left is the standard flat two-dimensional image I have to use on Amazon, but the one on the right is a 3D version, complete with a book review, which I use on my website, and any other site which will accept 3D images.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Marketing Tips for Authors: Creating a USP for your book by @CliveEaton http://ow.ly/jM11Y
- How to Add a Twitter Widget http://ow.ly/jM9h5
- 5 Ways First Pages Go Wrong | Withholding information | http://ow.ly/jMyVJ | via @FictionNotes
- Complacency – A Path Authors Should Never Tread with Handsome Hansel http://ow.ly/jMCI9
- Carol Bodensteiner Talks Public Relations and How to Write a Memoir and the processing of writing http://ow.ly/jMEOM via @AuthorFeast
- 5 Smart Ways to Use Google Analytics http://ow.ly/jMFq5 via @sitepointdotcom
- How to Get the Most Out of a Writing Class: http://t.co/wAJH0NJyPg @michelledseaton RT @elizabethscraig
- Ebook Boxed Set Tips and How Tos: http://t.co/S77vA3vvGS @ddscottromcom RT @elizabethscraig
- How to Build an Online Audience: http://t.co/Tc7rtUDGgm @manon_eileen RT @elizabethscraig
- How to (Really) Make $1,000,000 Selling E-Books – Real-World Case Studies http://ow.ly/jN6P5
- Surviving Submissions http://t.co/1r0vQxVCBq @GrubWriters RT @janice_hardy
- How Busy People Can Find More Time for Reading: http://t.co/1xvqAnnGix @JodyHedlund RT @elizabethscraig
- How To (Really) Sell Your Novel - The Shocking Truth http://ow.ly/jN7z5
- How Are People Actually Spending Their Time On Mobile? [INFOGRAPHIC] http://ow.ly/jN7Ms
- Ten Secrets To Write Better Stories http://ow.ly/jN7WT via @write_practice
- Can a Place have a Pulse? http://ow.ly/jN8b1 via The Writers Alley
- How Often Do Amazon Rankings Update? http://ow.ly/jNuow
- Notes from Tabor Lane: 18 Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/jNUoX
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.