By Karen Woodward @WoodwardKaren
Today I'd like to talk about Cliffhangers.
I've been reading Dean Wesley Smith's mini-series about ghost writing a 70,000 word novel in 10 days. (And he's doing it! It's day 9 and he has less than 8,000 words to go.)
One thing Dean has talked about are cliffhangers. He doesn't outline--he's not saying writers shouldn't, just that it's not his style--but he does try and end chapters on cliffhangers.
That got me wondering, What exactly is a cliffhanger and what different kinds are there?
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Cliffhangers http://ow.ly/kwRAf via @woodwardkaren
- The writer's guide to kissing: http://t.co/NahFM8rz2d @CuriosityQuills RT @elizabethscraig
- 5 Industry Trends Requiring Every Writer’s Attention http://ow.ly/kvyle by @JaneFriedman via Writer Unboxed
- Want Writing to be a Profession not a Hobby? The First Step is ADMITTING It http://t.co/HKH7UuOTLi @WriteAngleBlog RT @janice_hardy
- Three Easy Steps to Deep POV http://ow.ly/kvyxD via @Lindasclare
- 10 Proofreading Tips For Self-Publishers: http://t.co/xVJM9dvRzn @CompletelyNovel RT @elizabethscraig
- What Writers Earn: A Cultural Myth http://t.co/9YwAs7ewuT RT @evelyn_puerto
- Where Can Authors Advertise for the B&N, Apple, and Kobo Stores? http://ow.ly/kvyJv via @goblinWriter
- How to Build an Audience with Google+ Hangouts http://ow.ly/kvySZ via @copyblogger
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/kwffF
- The 3 Types of Character Arc – Change, Growth and Fall http://ow.ly/kwnZt via @VeronicaSicoe
- 4 Types of Gerunds and Gerund Phrases http://ow.ly/kwpU2 via Daily Writing Tips
- Is LibraryThing an Alternative to Goodreads? http://ow.ly/kwM8K @debsanswers
- You can’t edit a blank page http://ow.ly/kwPYL via @TeamMegaphone
- Hooking a Reader While Establishing the Story World http://t.co/GW95Ngi2pG @Janice_Hardy
- The benefits of having an agent http://ow.ly/kwQOT via @RachelleGardner
- 5 Ways Authors Can Use Pinterest as a Marketing Tool http://ow.ly/kwR7t Guest blogger: Erin MacPherson
- What is reblogging? http://ow.ly/kwMLL via @debsanswers
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.