By K.M. Weiland
As much as we may love our own characters, there’s never any guarantee that readers will love them just as much. Think about it. There are so many awesome characters, in both film and literature, clamoring for people’s attention and affection. How do you make yours rise above the pack into memorability?
This, of course, is a question with many answers. Creating magnificent characters will be a lifelong pursuit for most of us. But today I’m going to tell you a simple trick for making your characters pop.
All you gotta do is add a contrasting detail or two to your character. Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- A Simple Trick to Make Your Characters Pop http://ow.ly/kuSgQ via @KMWeiland
- Terms for the Seasons of the Year http://ow.ly/kuSg3 via Daily Writing Tipsow to write in your sleep http://t.co/RNRoAtfp0b via Jurgen Wolff RT @janice_hardy
- The 4 Best Strategies For Safvy Self-Publishers http://ow.ly/kuSii
- What TV Can Teach You About Lazy Writing http://ow.ly/kuS0A via @write_practice
- How to write in your sleep http://t.co/RNRoAtfp0b via Jurgen Wolff RT @janice_hardy
- 10 Screenwriting Lessons You Can Learn From Ghostbusters: http://t.co/cNscVb6JDm RT @elizabethscraig
- Dusting The Website For Spring: Optimization and SEO Cleaning http://ow.ly/kuSsV
- The Perfect Facebook Contest App [Infographic] http://ow.ly/kuSwf via @SocialMouths
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/kuSAU
- "What #Writers can learn from #GameOfThrones http://t.co/kJZXksxPlH via @roganbarbara
- Netflix for Ebooks http://ow.ly/kuYiS via @PassiveVoiceBlg
- Six Powerful Ways to Market Children's Books http://ow.ly/kuYnX
- What Novelists Should Know About Short Fiction http://ow.ly/kuYpN via WriterUnboxed
- Why Writing Has Made Me An Emotional Wreck http://ow.ly/kuYBb via @thecreativepenn
- What NOT to Do When Beginning Your Novel: Advice from Literary Agents http://ow.ly/kuYtQ via WriterUnboxed
- What Novelists Should Know About Short Fiction http://ow.ly/kuYwU
- Storyteller’s Rulebook #184: Pair Your Flaws With Strengths http://ow.ly/kuYFT via Cockeyed Caravan
- Here’s Why Your Article Idea Isn’t Getting You $1 a Word http://ow.ly/kuYXd
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.