By Evelyn Puerto @Evelyn_Puerto
Ever notice how it’s harder to be specific about what you like than what you don’t like? I’ve written before on what makes me stop reading a book once I’ve started it.
Today I’m trying to come up with a list of what keeps me reading. Once I started, I realized it’s a lot harder to be point out the positive than the negative. Still, I was able to come up with seven things that keep me reading, four for fiction and three for non-fiction.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Seven Things that Keep me Reading http://ow.ly/ksVml via @Evelyn_puerto
- 8 Common Creative Writing Mistakes: http://t.co/LEgzCAwWam @melissadonovan RT @elizabethscraig
- Writing Action Scenes: http://t.co/B5RFcO5pAI @AJHumpage RT @elizabethscraig
- What One Small Step Made a Big Impact on Your Writing Career? http://ow.ly/ksygR via @JaneFriedman
- The Psychology of Story Physics http://ow.ly/ksyvk via @storyfix
- The 7 Types of Possessive Case http://ow.ly/ksyEt via Daily Writing Tips
- Don’t Give Up by Darrel Nelson http://ow.ly/ksz2b via Seriously Write
- What Having a Baby Taught Me About Writing http://ow.ly/ksVIQ via @write_practice
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/ktVXe
- For the Cause: Indie Publishing and Affinity Marketing | Where Writers Win http://t.co/KmsEtTkYx5 RT @evelyn_puerto
- The Writer’s Lament: So why can’t I get anyone interested it it? http://ow.ly/ktWom via Wendy Lawton
- Setting Up Your Story – Your 3 Point Terrain: http://t.co/M0E7zTSO1c RT @elizabethscraig
- 5 things necessary for a writer's survival: http://t.co/93cTshb74W @DoSomeDamage @jcharbonneau RT @elizabethscraig
- 7 Creative Writing Tips for Increasing Productivity http://ow.ly/ku0Js via Writing Forward
- Watch Out Foursquare, Twitter Is About To Steal Your Worm http://ow.ly/ku0XI
- Give Your Character a Positive Goal http://t.co/ZA7YlOjJHz @annastanisz RT @janice_hard
- Quick, Dirty Twitter Tips for Writers http://ow.ly/ku15t via The Loneliest Planet by Randy Ross
- Amazon Cracks Down on Kindle Books Under 2,500 Words http://ow.ly/ku1ee via @PassiveVoiceBlg
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.