Guest Post by Diana Santorelli @DinaSantorelli on Mystery Writing is Murder @ ElizabethSCraig
To promote Baby Grand, my debut novel, I’ve done all kinds of appearances. Bookstores. Libraries. Assisted living communities. (Street corners.)
But probably my absolute favorite thing to do is attend book club meetings. Sitting in a casual circle, talking about the book that I wrote and everyone read, eating, drinking and, most importantly, seeing up close how readers have responded to my book, how they’ve taken ownership of the characters and defend them, fight for them, question them, hate them, love them. It’s pretty cool. But in addition to being a great way to spend an evening, book clubs offer tremendous marketing opportunities.
Here are 10 ways authors can make the most of their book club appearances.
Click here to read the complete article (see #1 below)
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 10 Book Club Tips: Guest Post By Dina Santorelli http://ow.ly/ks3Sh via @elizabethscraig
- Writing When It's Physically Hard http://ow.ly/koOKP via Seriously Write
- Do You Need an Agent? http://t.co/LQSrClHYV @bob_brooke RT @elizabethscraig
- The rise of the Amish romance novel: http://t.co/3ANUcjW9Fa @Salon RT @elizabethscraig:
- What the Author Should Know About Every Major Character http://ow.ly/kpDpd via @Brit_Blaise
- The Difference Between Writers and Wanna-Bes http://ow.ly/kpOqc via write_practice
- Eisler on Digital Denial http://ow.ly/kpPMS by @BarryEisler via @JoeKonrath
- Answers to Questions About Usage http://ow.ly/kpQQl via Daily Writing Tips
- Ebooks reach 22.55% of publisher revenue in 2012, helping the industry grow its top line by 6% in the year http://ow.ly/kpRbs
- Notes from Tabor Lane: Today's Links to Writing & Marketing Blog Posts http://ow.ly/krT1Q
- 10 Ways to Build Your Twitter Following Like Big Brands Do http://ow.ly/kq1wj
- Creative Writing: On Characterization through Dialogue http://ow.ly/kq611 via Creative Writing with the Crimson League
- Nook Press: Promising New Self-Publishing Option http://ow.ly/kq6iT
- Picture Books Are Not Just for Children: 10 Reasons Why: http://t.co/PFhOkvYU3j @WritersDigest RT @elizabethscraig
- The Problem With "Revealing" Information That's Already in the Cover Copy http://ow.ly/ks4YL via @Janice_Hardy
- 5 Free Tools to Manage Your Online Reputation http://ow.ly/ks6cm via @SocialMouths
- Do You Effectively Insist You Have Nothing to Learn? http://ow.ly/ks6r1 via Seeking the Write Life @AimeeLSalter
- 7 Tips for Busy Bloggers on Finding Time to Blog http://ow.ly/ks6Se via @problogger
I’m always looking for great content to share. If you have a writing and/or marketing blog, or have a favorite that you visit often, please leave a link in the comment section. Thanks for stopping by.
Happy writing & running, Kathy
Check out these links to writing & marketing blog posts. Click to Tweet.