By: Frances Caballo
“Ten years ago, you wrote a book and you never expected to find out anything about the author. Now with social media, everyone wants that connection. I think our readers want to be invited into our lives and brought on the journey and be part of this whole process. ~~ Jane Green
Not Sure What to Post? Try These Ideas
Authors often ask me, “What should I post on social media?”
The answer is simple: Great content that your readers will enjoy. Social media and book marketing aren’t about you. Yes, you have books to sell and a blog you want your readers to visit. But in the end, everything you do is about the reader.
As such, the content you post will be driven by what motivates, moves, and meets the needs of your readers.
In other words, the content you post will need to be:
- And when images and videos are used, captivating
- And at times, your content can be entertaining
38 Tips on What to Post on Social Media
Here are just a few ideas on what you can start posting on social media today.
1. Inspirational quotes
. . .
To read the rest of the post, click here:
If you missed my latest writing and marketing tweets, here they are again:
- Who Uses the Keywords in Metadata? | Digital Book World http://ow.ly/1Mhz300a85j
- 5 Ways Authors can be Tweeps, not Twits – Heather Day Gilbert http://ow.ly/h0lp300adGE
- What to Post on Social Media Plus 38 Examples - Social Media Just for Writers http://ow.ly/TeRf300adJd
- 5 Tips To Keep Bullying At Bay In Your Blog Comments http://ow.ly/AMe8300adPf
- Use KindleSpy for Genre Competitive Analysis » Belinda Kroll | Books for kids and teens http://ow.ly/ZULd300aedx
- The Cycle of Action-Reaction in Novel Scenes | Live Write Thrive http://ow.ly/WvOE300aegH
- 6 Ways to Set Up Scrivener for Writing – Tech Tools for Writers http://ow.ly/le0r300ahlg
- Plot Obstacles: Too Easy, Too Difficult, or Just Right? | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/DuHC300aixF
- Public Libraries Launch Next Chapter of Community Engagement: Digital Book Clubs! - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/VMfS300aiBX
- Content Marketing and Copywriting Articles http://ow.ly/iZRi300aiHw
- Snapchat and Podcasting Growth: What the Research Reveals : Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/kCrQ300aiLp
- On-Page SEO in 2016: The 8 Principles for Success - Whiteboard Friday - Moz http://ow.ly/X6fD300aiXd
- Seth's Blog: The momentum myth http://ow.ly/crCF300aj6q
- How Little Things grew to 50 million users http://ow.ly/bwMF300ajav
- 49 of the Best Snapchat Drawings We've Ever Seen http://ow.ly/urnJ300ajfc
- Five Fight-Writing Tactics | Blair MacGregor http://ow.ly/4MxZ300ajw0
- What is the theme of all great novels? - Venture Galleries http://ow.ly/nrQ3300ajFh