By: Kimberley Grabas
Marketing is not a simple task.
It extends far beyond basic tips, tactics and hurriedly outlined strategies on the back of a napkin – if you expect results.
In today’s world of rapidly evolving digital media, an author’s book marketing strategy requires clear career objectives and goals, an understanding of what’s working right now (and what’s on track to pay dividends in the future), and some smart planning to tie it all together.
So, to help guide the development of your book marketing strategy, here’s a list of seven relevant (and significant) marketing trends that should not be overlooked.
#1. Relationship Marketing
With relationship marketing, the emphasis is on reader loyalty and longer-term engagement and interaction, rather than simply the one-time sale.
Your goal is to personalize the experience for each reader by factoring in your readers’ preferences, and by providing enriched, meaningful and useful content that solves their problem or satisfies a desire.
Personality, trust, openness, transparency, relevance and participation all come into play in relationship marketing. Exclusive content and connecting with people in the language they understand best, helps make your reader feel connected and unique.
Storytelling also plays an important role. Good stories are remembered and connect with an audience on an emotional level. Those that are tailored to (or involve your readers), while still sharing your story and narrative, are the most impactful.
Actionable Marketing Tip:
. . .
To read the rest of the post, click here:
If you missed my latest writing and marketing tweets, here they are again:
- Business Musings: Indie Contracts – Kristine Kathryn Rusch http://ow.ly/XFZZb
- If We’re Serious about Writing, We’ll… | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/XG0b6
- 16 Publishers Showcasing Their Books & Authors on Pinterest http://ow.ly/XG0et
- Seekerville: 8 Tips for Making Your Heroine Unforgettable http://ow.ly/XHH8C
- Fiction University: 7 Tips to Make the Most of Working with a Cover Designer http://ow.ly/XIUGr
- How To Stay Focused On Writing In A Multitasking World - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/XIUK8
- Personal Branding on LinkedIn: 10 Mistakes to Avoid http://ow.ly/XIUVC
- Essential docs required to create an eBook in Kindle Publishing @AmazonKDP http://ow.ly/XIVmD
- Content - Top 5 Ways Consumer-Generated Content Is Amazing for SEO : MarketingProfs Article http://ow.ly/XIVzz
- 12 Key Tactics The Pros Use to Become a Serious Blogger - Peg Fitzpatrick http://ow.ly/XIVJ8
- Build a Solid Foundation for Book Promotion - The Savvy Book Marketer http://ow.ly/XIVN1
- BBC - Seriously...10 Women Who Changed Sci-Fi http://ow.ly/XIWbP
- 5 Ways I Use Habits to Stay Creative and Productive When Working From Home http://ow.ly/XIWoy
- Facebook Audience Optimization: What Marketers Need to Know : Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/XIWAs
- Are You Pricing Your Book Too High? http://ow.ly/XIWQR
- Deciding What To Give Up. Pursuing A Life Of Writing With Kevin Tumlinson | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/XIWUe
- Why you should keep a small book launch "street team" http://ow.ly/XIWXo
- 7 Book Marketing Trends Authors Can’t Afford to Ignore - The Book Designer http://ow.ly/XIWZK