By: Sandra Beckwith
Tired of trying to figure out how to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest effectively to promote your book?
Do you wish there were other options that are a better fit for your style, skills, personality, or preferences?
Do you want to know how to promote a book without using social media?
You are not alone. Keep reading.
Marketing beyond social media
When I asked authors in the Build Book Buzz Facebook group what they’d like to learn about through this blog, several wrote a variation of “marketing beyond social media.”
Two of my traditionally published books sold out a combined four press runs without a single tweet, post, update, or share.
With that in mind, here are nine things you can do to promote your book without logging in to a single social media account. They’re in no particular order.
1. Guest blogging
This involves finding blogs that reach your book’s target audience, studying the type of content they use, and contacting the owners to propose that you write an article for the blog that will interest its readers.
In fact, here’s a guest blog post I wrote about guest blogging: “Guest Blogging for Authors is Alive and Well.” Here’s more advice on “How to be a great guest blogger.”
2. Book fairs
. . .
To read the rest of the post, click here:
If you missed my latest writing and marketing tweets, here they are again:
- Details Help Writers Overcome Their Fear | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/XaYtI
- 5 Reasons to Write Your Scenes in Order (and 3 Not to) - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/XaYJJ
- 6 Foreign Expressions You Should Know http://ow.ly/XaYQi
- Checklist: How to Write a Query Letter That Doesn’t Suck http://ow.ly/Xb0dy
- Mastering the Art of the Cliffhanger Chapter Ending - WRITERS HELPING WRITERS™ http://ow.ly/Xb0u7
- The slow-burn writer … What takes literary authors so long? | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/Xb0xO
- Writing Fast And Tips For Successful Self-Publishing With Russell Blake | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/Xb0Kb
- 5 Key Steps To Building Your Self-Publishing Career | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/Xb0Nv
- How to Advertise Your Business on LinkedIn http://ow.ly/Xb0PN
- 6 Ways to Inspired Content Marketing - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/Xb4ZJ
- How to cope with writer's block | Children's books | The Guardian http://ow.ly/Xb53l
- How to Grow Your Instagram using Analytics http://ow.ly/Xb56W
- 5 Ways to Eliminate About Page Anxiety - ProBlogger http://ow.ly/Xb5bm
- 6 Tips for Beating the Blank Page - Copyblogger http://ow.ly/Xb5dh
- Book Promo Sites: How long do they work? | Indies Unlimited http://ow.ly/Xb5l9
- The Art and Craft of Author Interviews http://ow.ly/Xb5nT
- How to promote a book without using social media - Build Book Buzz http://ow.ly/Xb5rlv