By: Karen Cioffi
Social media has exploded. It’s become more powerful than ever. More and more people and businesses are using it as an integral part of their marketing strategy.
In fact, the social
engines are now an essential element of brand visibility,
website traffic, and building authority for all businesses. It’s gotten to the
point where some are questioning the need for a website.
Here are three reasons for that question:
1. Some might reason that you can blog on venues like LinkedIn. You can also publish articles on EzineArticles and other article directories to generate visibility and authority.
2. You can sell through social networks.
3. You can build your brand and even build your subscriber list through social media.
So, it’s not unreasonable for some to wonder about the necessity of a website.
But, if you decide to forgo creating your own website or get rid of an existing one, think twice and even three times about it.
Three reasons why you absolutely need a website:
. . .
To read the rest of the post, click here:
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
...and Other Forms of Insanity: Should You Hire a Professional Book Cover Designer? http://ow.ly/SeL9K
- For Indie Authors, 21st Century’s Watson is no longer Elementary - BookWorks http://ow.ly/SeLIr
- The Math and Music of Multiple Characters http://ow.ly/SeMBZ
- WOW! Women On Writing Blog: Do You Still Need a Website as the Core of Your Online Platform? http://ow.ly/SeMM6
- How To Think about Multiple Points of View | Pat Verducci http://ow.ly/SeP8E
- Author, Jody Hedlund: How To Get Readers To Read Your Entire Series http://ow.ly/SePgv
- Fast Writers and Slow Writers - Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/SePlf
- Doodle Your Way Out Of Writer’s Block http://ow.ly/SeQr5
- Resource Roundup Report and Recommendations (Part 2) — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/SeQyv
- Writability: Vlog: How to Juggle Writing & School http://ow.ly/SeQK5
- A manifesto for publishers: Rip up your schedules | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/SeQRz
- 3 1/2 Tips for Fixing an Unlikable Character | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/SeRds
- 5 Ways to Deal with People Who Hate What You Write http://ow.ly/SeRkV
- Not Selling Books? How To Change That Today! http://ow.ly/SeRss
- How to Improve Your Blog and Social Media Posts with Visual Content - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/SeUtS