By: Erin Feldman
|My racing partner - my daughter, Lynn|
Running by yourself has its benefits. You can think about things. You work through a troublesome spot in your novel or poem. You connect all four of the books you’re reading, including Dracula and Writing Down the Bones.
The mind makes connections. Some of them are weird and have no chance of making it from the brain to paper to
outside world. You let the thoughts flow unimpeded.
They always lead to more fruitful soil from which some of your creations will
That being said, running with a partner is good for you. You find your competitive streak. You practice the art of talking and running, something not accomplished without personal training. You notice new things or point out oddities to your mate—the form the willow takes in the dwindling light, the flight pattern of birds rising from the field’s surface.
A similar scenario plays out when you have a writing partner.
. . .
To read the rest of this post, click here:
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- How to be a Better Writer: Get a Running Partner - Write Right http://ow.ly/QFKQ4
- 4 Surefire Ways to Bore Your Readers to Death http://ow.ly/QHrNz
- Completing A Novel: A Look At Various Writing Methods http://ow.ly/QHrRQ
- Dear writer with countless half-finished stories | Jim Woods http://ow.ly/QHrUH
- Why Editors Use Word—Writers can Harness Word’s Powers, too! | Tech Tools for Writers http://ow.ly/QHthH
- Why Is This Day Different? Knowing When To Start Your Story - Writers Write http://ow.ly/QHtvN
- Daily Practices to Overcome a Creative Block http://ow.ly/QHtAQ
- (5 More) Common Story Problems with Simple Fixes | Writer Kris Noel http://ow.ly/QHtEb
- How to Improve Your Writing | Writing Forward http://ow.ly/QHtUZ
- Is It a Woman’s World? One Man’s Take on Writing Emotional Content in a Predominantly Female Genre http://ow.ly/QHtYb
- Fiction University: As Basic As Plotting Gets: The Three-Point Structure http://ow.ly/QHu86
- Keeping Informed Through Podcasts - Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/QHuee
- Dialog Writing 101: Conversational Mechanics | Live Write Thrive http://ow.ly/QHuiy
Mythcreants» Six Tips for Players to Improve Their Story http://ow.ly/QHuFe
- 4 Steps to Developing a Solid Story Premise — Medium http://ow.ly/QHuLZ
Writability: On Writing Through Everything http://ow.ly/QHuXR
- Quit Being A Commodity: How To Get Visibility And Stand Out http://ow.ly/QHv43
- 6 New Facebook Features for Business: What Marketers Need to Know Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/QHv7Z
ina Book - Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/QHvmi
- How To Write A Book: 20 Tips from World-Class Authors | Write to Done http://ow.ly/QHvKc
- Writer's Key To Success: Make Your Own Luck (Case Study) - WRITERS HELPING WRITERS™WRITERS HELPING WRITERS™ http://ow.ly/QJKS4
Post a Comment