By: Anthony Ehlers
If you’re struggling to find a plot — and a plot strong enough to hold your entire story together — going back to the theme of your story is never a bad idea.
is theme in action.
Theme: You believe that a mother’s love for her child will always be stronger than that for anyone else.
- In the year 2115, children are separated from their mothers to be raised in a special government program — but your heroine feels a strange devastation when her child is taken away.
- In the middle
of the story, she has infiltrated the program and is almost convinced the
program is the right approach to child rearing until she sees how one
aggressive child is subdued
- In the end, she has to make a choice if she will save just her child or risk losing her child to save even more children. What do you think she does?
. . .
To read the rest of the post, click here:
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Go Teen Writers: How To Describe People http://ow.ly/RoHDs
- 5 Nonfiction Writing Techniques That Will Keep Readers Turning Pages http://ow.ly/RoL3H
- The Powerful Nutrition of Poetry http://ow.ly/RoLuM
- 5 Negative Voices and How to Shush Them | WritersDigest.com http://ow.ly/RoLPM
- Five SFF Novels with Perfect Opening Lines | Tor.com http://ow.ly/RoNjp
- How A Believable Theme Builds A Believable Plot - Writers Write http://ow.ly/RoNqd
- Grammar Rules: Who vs. Whom | Writing Forward http://ow.ly/RoPBt
- The Writers Alley: Should You Start a Newsletter? http://ow.ly/RoPRZ
- Karen Woodward: 4 Tips For Finding Beta Readers Right For You http://ow.ly/RoQ7A
- 7 Tips for Proofreading Your Book by Corina Koch MacLeod and Carla Douglas — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/RoQrz
- How To Pick an Agent (and Live Happily Ever After) | A Writer's Path http://ow.ly/RoT9k
- How to Tell Stories With Facebook and Instagram Carousel Ads Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/RoTrY
- Smashwords and Flipkart to End Distribution Relationship - Amazon Scores Victory | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/RoTxF
- Would Access to 15,000 Libraries Help Your Book Promotion Efforts? - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/RoUuq
- Top 5 Mistakes Writers Make When Self-Publishing an eBook - Training Authors for Success http://ow.ly/RoUPi
- How Long Is A Novel? http://ow.ly/RoV2B Daily Writing Tips
- Fiction University: Rooms With a View—Of Tension http://ow.ly/RoVtv
A Niche And Find Your Voice |
- What’s Your Author Self-Esteem? | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/RoWet
- What To Do When You Get a Negative Critique of Your Writing - Ingrid Sundberg http://ow.ly/RoWBZ