By: Diana Urban
Ebook price promotions can be a great way to drive sales, boost revenue, and build buzz for an author. To run a price promotion, you simply discount one of your books across retailers for a limited amount of time. The aim is to generate interest among bargain ebook buyers, 95% of whom are willing to take risks on new authors when they can try them out at a lower price point. When these readers discover an author they love, they become lifelong fans who are happy to pay full price for other books by that author.
Before running a price promotion, publishers and authors should be clear on exactly what goal they’re trying to achieve. Depending on this goal, the length of your promotion will vary. In this post we’ll outline a few of the most common goals for a price promotion and give you some advice on how long to keep your book discounted in each scenario. But keep in mind that to achieve any of these goals, you’ll need to make readers aware of your price drop through services like BookBub.
If your goal is to increase revenue…
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 4 Tips to Write a Better Character Portrait http://ow.ly/OMY9t
- How Writers Can Get More From Facebook - Write On Track | Write On Track http://ow.ly/OMYh9
Publishing ...and Other Forms of Insanity: 10 Ways to Find Your Ideal Audience on Twitter (For Writers) http://ow.ly/OMYl1
- 5 Steps for Researching Literary Agents | Lewis Editorial http://ow.ly/OMZdb
- Verb Mistakes #7: Four Irregular Past Participles http://ow.ly/OMZm1
- The 4 Hidden Dangers of Writing Groups | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/OMZE8
- Money, Fame, Notoriety: What Are We Self-Publishing For? | The Passive Voice | http://ow.ly/OMZMR
- How to Use Facebook Custom Audiences for Increased Reach Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/OMZYU
- Print-on-Demand: Introduction to IngramSpark — Guest: Kerry Gans | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/ON13o
- 5 Grammar Hacks for Writers Who Hate Grammar http://ow.ly/ON1iz
- How Writers Can Use Strategic Blogging to Find Readers | Live Write Thrive http://ow.ly/ON1CT
- Fiction University: Real Writing in Virtual Worlds http://ow.ly/ON1L8
- For How Long Should You Run Your Ebook Price Promotion? http://ow.ly/ON6Lz
- Is Your Self-Published Ebook in the Library? SELF-e Is Ready To Help - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/ON6VX
Post a Comment