By: Writers Write
Building a social media platform is vital for any writer, but getting started can be overwhelming and frustrating. You spend hours writing a post only to get three views - one is your mother, the other is
from your bestie and the last is
someone who made a typo in their Google search.
Why do we expose ourselves to this ridicule and torture? Because publishers expect you to have an author platform and if you are self-publishing, most of your sales will be generated through your platform. And the more you do it the more you will enjoy it.
What can you do? Sharing is caring, but you should decide what you are comfortable with sharing. You don’t have to share details of your private life, but social media is about interacting with an audience and allowing them a glimpse into your writing life. Some people don’t mind sharing their personal details and they post many personal things, others don’t. It is up to you to decide. There is no right or wrong here.
These are seven tips for writers starting out
on social media:
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- BookDaily.com - Before You Put That Gun In Your Character's Hand... http://ow.ly/Lfq7Q
- Social Media Chill Pill - 15 Top Tips For Writers On Social Media - Writers Write http://ow.ly/LfwXF
:How to Personalize Your Blog in 3 Simple Steps http://ow.ly/Lfxjc
- Fiction University: Revision Prep: Create a Revision Plan http://ow.ly/Lfxy8
- The Art of Description http://ow.ly/LfxYm Eight Tips to Help You Bring Your Settings to Life
- A Big Storytelling DON’T: Messing with Timelines | Fiction Notes http://ow.ly/Lfyb7
- How to Write Cliffhanger Chapter Endings | Cheryl Reif Writes http://ow.ly/Lfyt6
- Verb Tense: how to say when we mean Part I http://ow.ly/LfyHS
- What Should You Charge for an Indie eBook? | Self-Publishing Review http://ow.ly/LfyVl
- Book Marketing Must Center (Mostly) on the Author http://ow.ly/Lfz1c
- The Pros and Cons of Head Hopping — Jennifer Ellis - Writing http://ow.ly/Lfz7N
TwoVideo Tutorials on Nailing Your Concept - Storyfix.com http://ow.ly/Lfzf1
- 5 Facebook Features That Help Promote Your Business | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/Lfzle
- 3 Ways For Self-Publishers to Break Into the Public Library Market — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/Lfzqt
- Attracting Readers to Our Newsletters - Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/LfzCS
- Writer Unboxed » The Dangers of a Good Book http://ow.ly/LfAee
- 7 Types Of Book Launch Events You Can Use To Gain Best Seller Status For Your Book - Training Authors for Success http://ow.ly/LfAmo
Post a Comment