By: S. Lakin
No doubt you have some favorite authors.
It’s likely that one thing you love about their books is their writing style.
Many commercial authors have a very simplistic—almost superficial—writing style.
Other successful authors write in a wholly unique manner unlike any other.
There is no right or wrong, good or bad—only personal tastes. We can all name
we can’t stomach whose books are bestsellers.
But what do you need to consider if you’re hoping to develop a trademark writing style? Here are some tips.
1. Whom Are You Writing for?
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Writing Clear Accessible Sentences | Linda S. Clare http://ow.ly/LreMt
- Karen Woodward: Part 1: Create A Protagonist Audiences Will Relate To http://ow.ly/Lrf4z
- Book Trailers And Using Video For Book Marketing | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/LreWr
- Create Dialogue… From the Outside In by Jackie Blain - Writer's Fun Zone http://ow.ly/LrfA7
- I've Screwed Up: 5 Strategic Mistakes In Self-Publishing - Benjamin Wallace Books http://ow.ly/Lrh4I
- How to Find Your Trademark Writing Style | Write to Done http://ow.ly/Lrhcb
- Author, Jody Hedlund: Reading is the Training Ground for Becoming a Better Writer http://ow.ly/LrhiN
- Seven Key Elements of Pacing Your Novel--Plus a Mystery Box of Four Books/ARCs http://ow.ly/Lrhtv
- Marketing Your Series: a Plan for a Solid Launch and Sales for Years to Come | Lindsay Buroker http://ow.ly/Lri57
- On Heroism in Romance - Dear Author http://ow.ly/LrieC
- Fiction University: Day Three: Analyze the Scene Structure http://ow.ly/Lriz0
You Believe in What
ifs? | Daily (w ) ritehttp://ow.ly/LriGw
- AuthorCulture: 21 Surefire Ways to Sink Your Writing Career http://ow.ly/LriPs
- Social Sharing: How to Get More People to Share Your Content | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/Lrj24
- Quit Being A Commodity: How To Get Visibility And Stand Out http://ow.ly/Lrjl7
- Grassroots http://ow.ly/LrjGm Daily Writing Tips
- Leave Room for a Future: Characters and Plot - Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/LrjNn
- 050: Do Over: An Interview with Jon Acuff http://ow.ly/LrjUz
- Are You a Grammar Ninja? Take this Grammar Quiz http://ow.ly/Lrk0e
- Ready for a Book Signing? This Checklist Will Help - Marketing Tips For Authors http://ow.ly/LrkBC
- How to Update an Amazon Widget - Author Media http://ow.ly/LrkVg