By: Scott Schwertly
Great presentation design can be difficult to master because it requires the coordination of many elements, including colors, fonts, images, icons and background.
While there are a lot of pieces to the presentation design puzzle, don’t be overwhelmed. Let the design principle of “less is more” guide your presentation design choices to keep your slides uncluttered.
Not sure where to begin? Follow these design
dos and don’ts to make sure your
presentation is minimal, harmonious and clear.
1. Background Images
Avoid: A bold,
multi-colored, and patterned background with text on top. This will make your
text hard to read, and consequently you will lose the audience’s attention.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 4 reasons why your novel’s dialogue sounds awkward or stilted | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/KsvXa
- The Official SCBWI Conference Blog: Stacy Whitman on Writing for a Diverse Audience http://ow.ly/KsvZt
- Literary Devices: Setting - Writer's Edit http://ow.ly/Ksw2D
development. http://ow.ly/Ksw5W "Map out that
character'sarc. Make sure the reader sees who they are inthe beginning..."
- Do Personality Traits Have Any Business in Business? The Authoritative Agent Says Yes | Thought Catalog http://ow.ly/KswnM
- Maybe novels should be written like movies. - Venture Galleries http://ow.ly/Kswrq
- 3 Awesome Plot Structures For Building Bestsellers | She's Novel http://ow.ly/KswvW
- Your Novel's Most Important Relationship http://ow.ly/Kswz6
- 6 Ways to Generate Ideas for Your Story http://ow.ly/KsxWG
- Divas on Writing: Writing Character Sheets - Write Divas http://ow.ly/Ksy25
- 7 Ways to Attract More Attention on Pinterest | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/Ksy4N
- What the Art of Storytelling Can Teach Us about Marketing by Jason Kong — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/Ksyen
- 7 Steps to Successfully Get Endorsements That Increase The Credibility of Your Book http://ow.ly/KsylO
- The Often Forgotten Ingredient for Measuring Content Marketing - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/Kszkn
- Social Media - How Marketing Executives Use Twitter: Top Content Sources, Most Retweeted Handles http://ow.ly/Kszyi
Dosand Don’ts http://ow.ly/KszH8
- 10 Techy Terms Every Teacher Should Know http://ow.ly/KsAmj
FromZero to Traction @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/KsAz5
- How 7 Literary Authors Collaborated to Launch a Box Set | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/KsARd
- Why would you change a book's title once it's out for sale? http://ow.ly/KsBa3
- The Pros and Cons of Publishing With a Small Press http://ow.ly/KsBnn
- Boys Are Falling Behind in Reading | GalleyCat http://ow.ly/KsCfC
- Solving The Discoverability Problem: Virtual Reality And The Future Of Publishing | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/KsCq9
Writability: Vlog: 5 Things to Know Before Getting an Agent http://ow.ly/KsCye
- Karen Woodward: Kurt Vonnegut On The Relationship Between Plot And Literature http://ow.ly/KsCBw
Post a Comment