By: Anne R. Allen
Let's face it.
Authors do a lot of obnoxious things online in the name of
"marketing." I think that's because the average author isn't educated
in the field and we don't realize that not all marketing is created equal.
Good marketing is not about bullying your customers. It's about enticing them.
A lot of online groups badmouth authors, especially indies, because of iffy social media marketing practices. We can avoid adding to the bad feelings if we learn to use social media correctly and ethically.
Both of these things are "marketing":
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Writer Unboxed » We Are What We Write http://ow.ly/KPu8w
- Writing Commercial Fiction and Loving It http://ow.ly/KPBw8
- How to Write a Character Falling Out of Love | Writer Kris Noel http://ow.ly/KPBBZ
- 4 Reasons You Might Be Missing Out on Your Best Plot Ideas - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/KPBGF
- Wheel of Time is the sad lesson of what can happen when you sell the rights to your books - Vox http://ow.ly/KPBSo
- - The Art of Writing: 7 Ways to Disguise a “Didn’t-See-It-Coming” Plot Twist http://ow.ly/KPCsA
- Is this the most interesting part of your character's life? If not, why aren't you showing us that? http://ow.ly/KPDEA
- Marketing for Writers Do you want to sell more books, or don't you? Marketing for Writers http://ow.ly/KPDWX
- How to Write About Characters Who Are Smarter Than You — Medium http://ow.ly/KPIwP
- 4 Emotive Tools of Horror » Writeonsisters.com http://ow.ly/KPIO0
- How To Write A Novel Outline (Like the Lady Boss You Are!) | She's Novel http://ow.ly/KPT2J
- 5 Reasons Why Ebook Price Promotions Make You More Money http://ow.ly/KQhQV
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: How NOT to Sell Books: Top 10 Social Media Marketing No-Nos for Authors http://ow.ly/KQuON
- Karen Woodward: A Structure For Short Stories http://ow.ly/KQv0j
Write Conversation :8 Tips for Those with Social Media Commitment Issues http://ow.ly/KQvc7
- Marketing 101: Creating a Strategy — Guest: Jennifer Fusco | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/KQRfZ
- LM Preston: Are In Person Book Tours Still 'In'? http://ow.ly/KQRDu