By: Martha Alderson
Successful writers establish long-term writing goals for themselves and long-term story goals for their protagonists and then set out to complete a series of short-term goals they believe will move them and their characters toward those final goals.
Goal setting is not always as simple as it sounds. In teaching plot and from the plot consulting work with writers all over the world, I have found that self-professed “
Plot Your Protagonist’s Goals
Goals provide motivation. Obstacles create tension. Potential loss promises transformation.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Working Authors: Todd Borg http://ow.ly/H6ceT There's no one road to success for an indie author. Read Todd's story!
- Tracking Trivia by Using a Series Bible - Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/H6cWY
- A Teenager’s View on Social Media — Backchannel — Medium http://ow.ly/H6fY8
- Editing seminar snapshots: writing for a blog vs writing for a book | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/H6gbi
- When To Follow Up With A Literary Journal About A Submission - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/H6gmG
- 8 Ways to Make People on Twitter Want to Stab Us IN THE FACE | Kristen Lamb's Blog http://ow.ly/H6gqS
- Ebook Marketing Strategies for 2015 — What Will Work? | Lindsay Buroker http://ow.ly/H6gvt
- How To Build A Top-Notch Media Kit | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/H6gBQ
- Martha Alderson aka Plot Whisperer: Goals for You and for Your Characters http://ow.ly/H6gLn
- The Ugly Truth About Book Sales | Leona's Blog of Shadows http://ow.ly/H6hl3
- 11 Tips to Double Your Twitter Followers - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/H6ihH
Sites - Five Rookie Website Mistakes You Can Fix Today
:MarketingProfs Article http://ow.ly/H6io0
- LinkedIn Reaches One Million Member Posts, Opens Publishing to New Markets | Official LinkedIn Blog http://ow.ly/H6iu9
- How to Create a Mood Board for Your Creative Projects - Design Roast http://ow.ly/H6khy
Lists: Make them a Priority in 2015 with These Tips
- Kindle Unlimited Proves Unpopular for Indie Authors http://ow.ly/H6yu3