By: Molly Greene
Late in 2014 I launched my second mystery-thriller-romantic suspense novel, The Last
Fairytale. A lot of time passed between book #1 and book #2, and
although I sweated the gap that produced no significant fiction writing, in
hindsight I’m glad it worked out the way it did. It was quite a ride.
I’ve learned an enormous amount during the past three years. I started this self-publishing journey by joining Twitter early in 2011, then started my blog, then published my debut novel, Mark of the Loon, in June, 2012. I could write volumes about what I learned between book launches, but I’ve honed it down to these six points. Here’s what changed for me:
1. I’m a better writer
I’ve blogged once a week consistently since Spring 2011, with only a couple of misses. Blogging has boosted my confidence about my writing, increased the speed at which I produce coherent thoughts, enhanced my writing skill, and improved the quality of my books. All unexpected results, and for these reasons
alone I recommend that most authors maintain a blog. There are many other
reasons to blog, of course, but that’s another post: Why Do We Blog?
2. I morphed from a
pantser into a semi-plotter
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- A publicist answers questions for writers: http://ow.ly/Gl0kZ
- End of a year, and perhaps the end of a stage of the ebook transition - The Shatzkin Files The Shatzkin Files http://ow.ly/GJwA1
- Pruning Your Novel - Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/GJwDp
- ISBNs: CreateSpace freebie or own ISBN? Pros and cons | Nail Your Novel http://ow.ly/GJwFu
- Auld Lang Nine! New Year’s Resolutions For Writers http://ow.ly/GJwJg
- Reading Like A Writer: Are You Maximizing Your Reading Time? - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/GJwLP
- Self-Publishing: 6 Valuable Lessons I Learned Between Book #1 & #2 | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/GJwUC
- Martha Alderson aka Plot Whisperer: Plot Twists: What Are They and How to Plot Them http://ow.ly/GJxdD
- Is your Content Boring? 8 Types of Content Every Business Should Consider Publishing http://ow.ly/GJxmR
- How to Post on Google Plus and Get Results http://ow.ly/GJxqq
- Facebook is Leading Mobile App Says Research: This Week in Social Media | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/GJxHb
- Friday Roundup: How to Save Time on Social Media - Social Media Just for Writers http://ow.ly/GJxSr
- 23 Tools and Resources to Create Images for Social Media http://ow.ly/GJyhU
BookMarketingBuzzBlog: Chinese Censorship & SONY Hacking Threaten All Of Us http://ow.ly/GJyux
- How To Get More Twitter Followers: 24 Effective Tips To Grow Your Following Fast http://ow.ly/GJyGu
- How to Use Your iPhone to Record Video with an External Microphone - Training Authors for Success http://ow.ly/GJyLk
- 30 Accomplished Writers Reveal Their Secrets to Productivity | Focusalot - Blog http://ow.ly/GJyTh
- Stadia and Aquaria http://ow.ly/GK5Pa Daily Writing Tips: The plural of nouns...
- How To Write A Killer Query Letter For Self-Help And How-To Books - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/GKaSM
- Content Shock in the 21st Century: What Writers Need to Know - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/GKfhQ
Post a Comment