By: Steff Green
Writing a book is an amazing achievement, one you should celebrate and enjoy.
Getting your book from a raw mess of words to a polished, publishable entity, complete with a
kickass cover and proper formatting, is even more incredible.
The day my latest novel The Sunken went live, I did a happy dance.
(The cat, asleep in my lap at the time, did not share my enthusiasm.)
If you’re at this stage of your writing career, I salute you, and offer you a glass of wine from my own bottle.
How to Promote Your Book
I have been blogging about music since 2009, and have a small following.
Instead of starting from scratch with a new website for my fiction books, I decided to promote my writing through my blog.
In March 2014 I self-published my first novel At War With Satan to learn about the process, and check whether self-publishing would work for me.
It worked so well that I was hooked.
Next on my list was my latest novel, The Sunken, part one of a dark fantasy series set in a
steampunk world where dinosaurs still survive.
That went quite well too.
Here are the 10 things I did to succeed.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- For the Indie Writers of Amazon, It's Publish or Perish - NYTimes.com http://ow.ly/GLvoK
- Developing Your Story: How to Amp Up the Tension and Drama | WritersDigest.com http://ow.ly/GLx0o
- Track Changes - Advanced - Write Divas http://ow.ly/GLAnF
Writability: So You Want to Write NA Contemporary Romance? http://ow.ly/GLApW
- Five Incredibly Simple Ways to Help Writers Show and Not Tell - Writers Write http://ow.ly/GLAvc
- Killing the Top Ten Sacred Cows of Indie Publishing: #7… I Have To Sell Books Quickly | http://ow.ly/GLAP8
- 8 “Moments” You Absolutely Need to Deliver to Your Readers… And One That You Should Hope For - Storyfix.com http://ow.ly/GLAWo
- 10 Ways to Promote Your Book on Your Blog | Write to Done http://ow.ly/GLB6d
- 8 Words to Seek and Destroy in Your Writing http://ow.ly/GLBmB
- Writers On The Move: End of Year Wrap Up http://ow.ly/GLBwA
- Imagining Your Finished Book--A Three-Part (and Very Encouraging!) Brainstorming Exercise http://ow.ly/GLBAH
- 6 Ways to Resuscitate Your Novel - Marketing Tips For Authors http://ow.ly/GLBGR
- If Strangers Talked to Everybody like They Talk to Writers | Electric Literature http://ow.ly/GLBTS
- Presence on the Page: What It Is, and What It Isn’t | LitReactor http://ow.ly/GLBZ9
- 5 Ways to Create Conflict in Your Story | ScreenCraft http://ow.ly/GLC4o
- Janet Fitch's 10 rules for writers | Jacket Copy | Los Angeles Times http://ow.ly/GLCaw
- How to Quickly Create an EPUB File From Word | Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/GLGhk
- The Mystery of Mysteries: 11+ Elements in a Private Investigator Mystery - Writeonsisters.com http://ow.ly/GLGm5
- Karen Woodward: Writing A Critique: Reading Critically http://ow.ly/GLGrJ
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: Why the Self-Published Ebook is No Longer the "New Query" http://ow.ly/GMaFh