By: Marcy McKay
Four novels sit on my desk at all times: To Kill a Mockingbird, A Prayer for Owen Meany, The Lovely Bones, and The Book Thief.
There are many other books I adore, but these are my favorite books, the ones I keep nearby for writing inspiration. Each changed me in an unforgettable way.
Inside Stories vs. Outside Stories
Those are the stories on my outsides, but what about the ones I carry inside?
Have you ever analyzed your inner stories?
You should because it’s where you’ll find your most powerful and un-put-downable writing.
Set aside time to take a journey from your present into your past, then back again. It’s well worth the effort because it makes a tremendous difference in how compelling your stories are.
Connecting Your Inner/Outer Stories
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 2015 Book Marketing Predictions from Smith Publicity - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/HOQhX
- Strengthen Your Storytelling with POV - Venture Galleries http://ow.ly/HOXsJ
R. Allen's Blog: 8 Tips for Writing that Killer
- 5 Tips for Writing a Compelling Book Blurb by Amy Wilkins | Romance University http://ow.ly/HOZjv
KCrossWriting – The Emotional Side of a Book Release http://ow.ly/HP02Z
- What if the premise seems too simple? Can I still make it a good story? http://ow.ly/HP1ti
- Advanced Facebook Ad Techniques: What Marketers Need to Know | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/HP1Sm
- Villains Killing Themselves to Keep the Hero Sympathetic | Writing Possibilities http://ow.ly/HP2qa
- Start At The Beginning, Not Before « Flash Fiction Chronicles http://ow.ly/HP3EV
- 14 Checklists, Scorecards, and Worksheets to Set Up Content Marketing Success http://ow.ly/HP4U2
- How To Advertise Your New Business In Blog Posts Without Looking Too Promotional : @ProBlogger http://ow.ly/HP6Vn
- Working from Home as a Writer—Some Truths - Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/HP8f6
- SEPARATING THE AUTHOR AND THE WORK, THE ARTIST AND THE ART | Fantasy Author's Handbook http://ow.ly/HP9rE
- Fiction University: Get a Clue: We All Need a Little Mystery in Our Novels http://ow.ly/HP9DL
- Comic: Another Advantage Of Print Books - Inkygirl: Guide For Kidlit/YA Writers & Artists - via @inkyelbows http://ow.ly/HPanp
- Balancing Conflict in Romance Stories | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/HPbb2
- How To Give Constructive Writing Criticism (That Actually Helps) | Positive Writer http://ow.ly/HPbOd
- The Kill Zone: First Page Critique: Watch That Exposition http://ow.ly/HPeoO
- What Your Favorite Books Tell You About Your Writing http://ow.ly/HPexW
- #43: How Your Subject Line Could Be Killing Your Emails - Amy Porterfield http://ow.ly/HPlMT
- Viviana Enchantress of Books: Social Media 101: New Social Media Platform - tsū http://ow.ly/HQlMU
- The Holy Trinity of Character: Goals, Obstacles and Stakes | Storyfix.com http://ow.ly/HQOza