By: Joe Bunting
So you want to become a writer.
Perhaps you write because it makes you feel alive. Perhaps you once read a book that made you think, “It must feel amazing to write something like this. Maybe I could be a writer.” Perhaps you feel like you can’t not write.
So then, how do you do it? How do you become a writer?
You Never Stop Becoming a Writer
Several years ago I became a writer. I’m not talking about the moment when I quit my job to write full-time. That happened much later. No, I became a writer when I started writing.
I still remember making the decision to write and publish one article per day on my blog. It wasn’t much, but this small habit was the beginning of my life as a writer.
Since then, I’ve written four books and more than a thousand articles. I’ve been published in national magazines and became a bestselling author. But that one decision changed my life.
No one is born a writer. You must become a writer. In fact, you never cease becoming, because you never stop learning how to write. Even now, I am becoming a writer. And so are you.
3 Steps to Becoming a Writer
Below are the three best pieces of wisdom I’ve learned about how to become a writer.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
Authors: Did You Fail? Awesome!
byFrance Caballo — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/FFpJP
- 14 Twitter Holiday Tips To Beat Your Competition - Heidi Cohen http://ow.ly/FFqWd
Trick to Presales | Wise Ink's Blog
forIndie Authors about Self-Publishing http://ow.ly/FFrbm
- Author David Khara on dealing with writer's block. http://ow.ly/FFrkj
- Self Development. We All Need Mentors At Different Points In The Journey. | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/FFrt1
- The Ultimate in Networking - Elizabeth Spann Craig http://ow.ly/FFrMu
- 6 Ways to Make Money as an Author (in Addition to Selling Books) | Lindsay Buroker http://ow.ly/FFs1i
- Why Worrying about Genre is Holding You Back - Nick Stephenson http://ow.ly/FFsmG
- How Do You Know What You Don’t Know? | Catherine, Caffeinated http://ow.ly/FFsF0
- Customer Relationship Management for the Indie Author - The Author CEO http://ow.ly/FFsWo
- Does Building an Online Presence Stress You Out? - Jane Friedman http://ow.ly/FFtcG
- How to Avoid High PayPal Fees: A Trick for Freelancers http://ow.ly/FFtLR
- How to Win Clients With Your Personal Brand, Plus 3 Live Listener Brand Audits - Side Hustle Nation http://ow.ly/FFtVb
- Introducing #ProductBuild: Why I'm Creating My First Digital Product & Documenting The Process From Start To Finish http://ow.ly/FFu6n
- Want To Be A Better Friend and Networker? You Need To Check Out These 3 Tools - Jessica Lawlor http://ow.ly/FFuQG
- 25 LinkedIn Facts and Statistics You Need to Share http://ow.ly/FFx3a
- Commonalities Of Successful Indie Authors Plus A New Way To Find An Editor | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/FFGkc
- 5 Killer Tips For Writing Deadly Crime Fiction | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/FFGAY
- 105 Tips To Make Your Blog Rock - Jeffbullas's Blog http://ow.ly/FFH27
- Email Marketing - Mixing Video With Email Marketing: Four Inspiring Examples and Three Quick Tips http://ow.ly/FFH9N
Social Media Right: Five Things you Just Can’t Miss
- How to find old Facebook posts http://ow.ly/FFI0t
- How to Hire An Awesome Virtual Assistant — Coveted Consultant http://ow.ly/FFIjb
- Getting to Know Your Side Characters – A Writer’s Guide | Tianna Holley http://ow.ly/FFIrI
- 51 Ways To Get More Traffic To Your Website Or Blog http://ow.ly/FFIAr
Post a Comment