By: C. Hope Clark
In real life, hearing someone’s voice brings instant judgment
i our inherent need
to sift through what’s safe or dangerous, what’s fun or a hazard, what’s
pleasing or disturbing. Regardless of how PC we try to be, we have an instinct
that tells us to be wary before determining if this person is someone we trust. n
Voice is distinct for a reason. Mother Nature, God, or whoever you give credit to creation, gave us all these senses to protect ourselves, but sometimes we underestimate the power of voice. We are often judged by voice.
As writers, we interpret voice in an assortment of ways the average person does not. As readers, we want voices to
diversify but don’t want the distinction
thrown in our face. Let’s look at the five lessons we can learn this week using
the word VOICE.
Voice of the writer
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Become An Amazon Kindle Bestseller (with a book that takes 2 weeks to write) http://ow.ly/Gah4r
- 5 Lessons Learned – The Word is “Voice” | Hope Clark http://ow.ly/GahfI
andkeeping it okay — Jennifer Ellis - Writing http://ow.ly/GahkM
- Writer Wednesday: Report on Using Amazon’s Pre-Order Option for a Debut Author http://ow.ly/Gahr1
- Writer Unboxed » Adding More White Space To Your Life http://ow.ly/GaiIH
to avoid in Short Story Writing - Women Writers, Women's Books
:Women Writers, Women's Books http://ow.ly/Gaj5t
- The Mystery of Mysteries: 10 Elements of the Caper Mystery - Writeonsisters.com http://ow.ly/GajbA
- Author, Jody Hedlund: Why Writers Are Often Blind to Their Own Faults http://ow.ly/GajhS
- Fiction University: Best Non-Writing Tools for Writers http://ow.ly/Gajlv
- 12 Digital Publishing Tools the Experts Recommend http://ow.ly/GajqA
- Children's Books Should Be Scary - The Atlantic http://ow.ly/Gajzb
- One Book In Which Gender Doesn't Matter - BOOK RIOT http://ow.ly/GajDY
- If You Don't Own The Platform, You Don't Control It Either ⋆ The Digital Reader http://ow.ly/GajIE
Authors Lost In The Haystack? -
BookWorks| BookWorks http://ow.ly/GajNg Mythcreants» Establishing Important Characters http://ow.ly/GajXX
Infographic] Social media for authors: what to post & when to post it http://ow.ly/GalMc
- A Fun Exercise for Getting Out of a Writing Rut | Writers In The Storm http://ow.ly/Gao57