By: Melissa Donovan
The human mind is a funny thing; it likes to play tricks on us.
For example, when we proofread and edit our own writing, we tend to read it as we think it should be, which means we misread our own typos and other spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes as well as problems with word choice and sentence structure, context, and overall readability.
If you have a friend or family member who has good grammar skills, maybe they can help you out by proofreading and editing your work before you send it out or publish it.
For special submissions and publications, hiring a professional proofreader or editor is the best way to make sure your writing is free of errors.
But for most of us, it’s not likely that anyone’s going to proofread and edit every single piece of writing that we create. That’s especially true for writers who put out a lot of material — like bloggers, copywriters, and freelancers. Proofreading and editing services can get expensive and friends and family probably don’t want to spend all their evenings checking your work.
Do-It-Yourself Proofreading and Editing Tips
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- 6+1 ways to stop research becoming procrastination - Write On – Write On http://ow.ly/G6bgh
- 21 Proofreading and Editing Tips for Writers | Writing Forward http://ow.ly/G6iRs
- I Can Make it Disappear* | Confessions of a Mystery Novelist... http://ow.ly/G6F43
’re Not WritingPersuasively, You’re Not Writing http://ow.ly/G6Fmw
- The Book Designer — Practical Advice to Help Self-Publishers Build Better Books http://ow.ly/G6FU0
Mythcreants» Adding Dance to Your Fictional Culture http://ow.ly/G6Ga7
- WRITING ADVICE: How to build a story out of scraps of ideas http://ow.ly/G6Hig
- SPOTLIGHT: A Brief History of Fairy Tales http://ow.ly/G6Hqm
- Why Most Writing Tips Are Useless (and How to Really Up Your Game) http://ow.ly/G6HMh
ScreenwritingLike a Cinematographer+ | Screenwriting from Iowa http://ow.ly/G6FCs
- 63 Blogging Tools That Will Make You Insanely Productive http://ow.ly/G6I13
- How to Keep Writing Even When Life Is Tough—3 Tips - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/G6Cbz
- Simple Tricks to Unstick Your Story: The Domino Effect http://ow.ly/G6Cjc
- Book Promotion: Networking for Introverts http://ow.ly/G6Ibv
- How to Write a Memorable Beginning and Ending http://ow.ly/G6Ikp
- 8 Proven Strategies That'll Accelerate Your Audience's Trust Immediately http://ow.ly/G6IsH
- Don't Know Your Story's Theme? Take a Look at Your Character's Arc - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/G6ICi
Post a Comment