By: Rachel Kent
We are well into the holiday season already! Wow. I’m still shocked that it is December and we have 20 days until Christmas! The holidays are a time to refresh and recharge before we all jump into the new year, yet many of us still need to reach some work-related goals during Christmas break. How do you go about doing this while still focusing on family and also on God, who’s amazing love is the cause for all of the celebration?
I have a few tips for you, and I’d love to hear how you have successfully balanced writing and family during the holidays, too.
1) Don’t neglect a deadline because of the holidays. Set aside a time each week, whether it be Mondays and Tuesdays or 8 a.m.-noon each day to write and reach your goals. If you have a designated time for writing, you will be able to designate time for your family as well. You will also still be able to make that deadline.
2) Tell your family and friends ahead of time which days you are free. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Why Most Writing Tips Are Useless (and How to Really Up Your Game) http://ow.ly/FpCfe
- The Best Kept Secret For Growing your Pinterest Following http://ow.ly/FpJz3
- The Character Most Writers Get Wrong (And How to Fix It) - mandy wallace http://ow.ly/FpJJg
- Become An Amazon Kindle Bestseller (with a book that takes 2 weeks to write) http://ow.ly/FpK4H
- How To Write Your First Book http://ow.ly/FpKy3
- terribleminds.com - StumbleUpon http://ow.ly/FpKUs THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW WHEN WRITING ABOUT GUNS
- Indie Authors and the Question of Kindle Unlimited http://ow.ly/FpLkI
- Book Signing Checklist: Tip #29 of 52 Ways to Market Your Book - Author Marketing Experts, Inc. http://ow.ly/FpMJ7
- The Kill Zone: Women Doing Men...and Vice Versa http://ow.ly/FpMWl
- Giacomo GiammatteoWhat Makes A Good Book? - Giacomo Giammatteo http://ow.ly/FpNlF
- 7 Best-In-Class Content Marketing Characteristics To Succeed - Heidi Cohen http://ow.ly/FpNCZ
- Karen Woodward: Plot Wheels And The Tarot: Part 2 of 2 http://ow.ly/FpNMm
- 4 Ways to Revive A Stale Book For More Sales http://ow.ly/FpRtN
- Balancing Writing and Family During the Holidays - Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/FpRxk
- The Question You Must Ask Before Becoming a Writer http://ow.ly/FpRNe
- 10 Ways to Promote Your Book on Your Blog | Write to Done http://ow.ly/FpRVU
- 50 Things to Tweet When You’re Stuck For Ideas - AllTwitter http://ow.ly/FpSjs
- Author, Jody Hedlund: 8 Things Writers Can Be Thankful For http://ow.ly/FpSu7
- How to Stay Visible Online When You're Having an Adventure http://ow.ly/FpSD0
- 5 Ways to Actually Enjoy Editing Your Book - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/FpSQD
- ProofNEEDing: Working Hard Or Hardly Working? - Writer's Relief, Inc. http://ow.ly/FpTSW
- Fiction University: Crossing Words Off Your List: Making the Most of Editing "What Not to Use" Lists http://ow.ly/FpU97
- Best Editing Tip Ever #2 – Mobi Files! | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/FpUwi
- Why you shouldn't give your book away - Build Book Buzz http://ow.ly/FpUUy
- How to Make Book Reviews Work Harder to Promote Your Book - Where Writers Win http://ow.ly/Fqt5t