By: K.M. Weiland
Imagine this: you’ve created an amazing story, full of amazing characters, who are clashing in an epic conflict. Your story’s climax has arrived, and, baby, it is tense. You’ve got readers on the edge of their seats. They’re turning those pages so fast they’re getting paper cuts. In other words, you’re doing everything right. But then—you do something wrong. You cut to a commercial break. “Don’t you dare touch that dial, folks! We’ll be right back with more exciting mayhem!”
Can you hear it?
That’s your story’s tension and your readers’ excitement deflating like a popped balloon.
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Understanding Social Media & what Drives it-Much of what is written in Social Media is for Gurus http://t.co/mO895jfIbP
- Fiction University: And...End Scene: When to Add a Scene Break http://ow.ly/EYXiS
- ThrillWriting: Blood Alcohol Levels - Info for Your Inner Writerly Geek http://ow.ly/EZ0pE
- Cait London: Dealing with Novel Interruptus http://ow.ly/EZcau
- Writability: Fixing the First Page Feature #5 http://ow.ly/EZcqX
- How to Write a Synopsis - Ellen Mulholland, YA author http://ow.ly/EZdIh
- Story Structure: What "going with the flow" Really Means - Storyfix.com http://ow.ly/EZdRa
- BookMarketingBuzzBlog: Happy Thanksgiving Day, Books! http://ow.ly/EZxCt " How can we spread the word about the power of books?"
- The Best Blogging Advice I Ever Heard and Why It Failed Me http://ow.ly/EZFok
- Top 10 Blogs For Writers Contest 2014 - Nominations http://ow.ly/EZFxr
- Don’t Let This Sloppy Technique Kill the Tension in Your Story's Climax - Helping Writers Become Authors http://ow.ly/EZFMv
- 13 Things You May Not Know About Agents - Books & Such Literary Management : Books & Such Literary Management http://ow.ly/EZGcf
- The Best Reason to Blog — 2014 Edition | Jami Gold, Paranormal Author http://ow.ly/F03Nz
- 7 Email Marketing Secrets Every Fiction Writer Should Know by Jason Kong — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/F0edz
- Karen Woodward: Robert McKee: A Writer’s Method http://ow.ly/F0egQ
- Do You Want to Know How Your Books Are Being Read? - Book Promotion . com http://ow.ly/F0gM2
- Publishing ... and Other Forms of Insanity: How to Win Writing Contests and Big Publishing Contracts http://ow.ly/F0gZe
- How Your Business Can Thank The People Who Matter Most - Heidi Cohen http://ow.ly/F0hch
- Writing Your Novel’s First Line: Something Authors Don’t Get Right At First http://ow.ly/F0hRT
Post a Comment