By: Joan Curtis
If you aspire to be a fiction writer and think all you have to do is sit down at your computer and create, you will be very disappointed. Most writers eventually want to publish their work. They want family, friends, and others to read what they’ve created.
Admittedly, when I wrote my first novel (which I now call my practice novel), my main goal was to see if I could actually write one. That in and of itself is a lofty goal. Once I realized I could write a novel, my next goal was to write a novel that could be published. That led me down a totally different path. I had to learn more about the craft of writing, and I had to learn more about the world of publishing.
Over time, I discovered certain things that helped me make inroads in the world of fiction, and they may help you:
. . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- Plot A Month W3D6: Plot Mapping With Characters | motivation for moving beyond your writing habits http://ow.ly/EV4a1
- Finding More Readers Through Wattpad by Anne Pfeffer http://ow.ly/EV4oB
- Getting to Know Your Characters | Cheryl Reif Writes http://ow.ly/EV4sR
- Creative writing: when characters are difficult to get on with | Books | The Guardian http://ow.ly/EV4xO
- Project to Published: Top 5 Tips on Successful Co-Authoring | Emma Michaels http://ow.ly/EV4IJ
- Top 10 Facebook Party Tips & Tricks | Emma Michaels http://ow.ly/EV51n
- Best time to launch a book | Self-Publishing Advice http://ow.ly/EV6Te
- Using Sticky Notes to Help You Revise Like a Pro « Flash Fiction Chronicles http://ow.ly/EV7jm
- ThrillWriting: Autopsies 101: Info for Writers http://ow.ly/EV7Zw
- How to Make Money With Your Blog: Affiliate Marketing http://ow.ly/EV85Q
- 7 Tips to Help Writers Gain Attention in the World of Fiction | Live Write Thrive http://ow.ly/EV8gm
- 5 Tweets to Stop Sending Today - Social Media Just for Writers http://ow.ly/EV8GK
- Ten Social Networking Mistakes to Avoid When Marketing Your Business http://ow.ly/EV9Az
- 7 Email Marketing Secrets Every Fiction Writer Should Know by Jason Kong — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/EVaix
- Karen Woodward: Four Tips For Writing Flash Fiction, And Why You Should! http://ow.ly/EVcXr
- Anne R. Allen's Blog: Is Talent Overrated? 8 Things that are More Important than Talent for Writing Success http://ow.ly/EVhR3
- How many Beta Readers do you need? - Women Writers, Women's Books : Women Writers, Women's Books http://ow.ly/EVk4m
- Science Shows Something Surprising About People Who Still Read Fiction - Mic http://ow.ly/EVBjL
- "Dishin' It Out": CHOOSING A POINT OF VIEW BY RITA KARNOPP http://ow.ly/EVC4q
- The Emerald Avenger - How to escape from zip ties or duct tape - How to escape from zip ties or duct tape http://ow.ly/EVRKM
- Fiction University: And...End Scene: When to Add a Scene Break http://ow.ly/EWTzj
Post a Comment