By: Belinda Pollard
Are you writing a book? Wishing you could write a book? Go for it.
I believe in you. Not because I want to convince you you’re some special snowflake so I can get money out of you. (Yeah, there’s a bit of that goes on in this industry. I’m sorry that some of us do that.)
I believe in you because you have passion and vision and you really want to write a book. The book that only you can write. That’s why you’re reading this.
Maybe you’re struggling with a manuscript that won’t behave.
Even if you still haven’t put a word down on paper (or computer) as yet, you yearn to do so. Maybe you’re waiting for permission. (I did that for years, myself.)
You don’t want to keep saying, “Everyone’s got a book in them,” then get to the end of your life and discover that yours is still in you, rather than out in the world.
So go for it.
The opinions of others . . .
Read the full article HERE!
If you missed my writing & marketing tweets and retweets yesterday, here they are again:
- A Newbie's Guide to Publishing: Ebook Sales Down? Here Are 15 Tips! http://ow.ly/BDsGN
- Author, Jody Hedlund: 3 Techniques to Keep in Mind When Setting the Stage http://ow.ly/BDwed
- 7 Social Media Tips for Authors to Connect Over the Holidays | Mediashift | PBS http://ow.ly/BDwo3
- 7 (free) online writing tools that will make you more productive http://ow.ly/BDwwu
- 9 Simple and Powerful Ways to Write Body Language - Jeni Chappelle http://ow.ly/BDwJm
- Can Students ‘Go Deep’ With Digital Reading? | MindShift http://ow.ly/BDxlI
- Teach Kids To Be Their Own Internet Filters | MindShift http://ow.ly/BDxrH
- Introducing ‘The Magrs Method’ for Book Reviewing | World Literary Cafe http://ow.ly/BDxDR
- The Book Designer — Practical Advice to Help Self-Publishers Build Better Books http://ow.ly/BDxM7
- Do You Know The Secret Sauce That Turns Stories Into Magic? | Write to Done http://ow.ly/BDxRZ
- 3 Habits That Separate Good Writers From Tragic Wannabes | Write to Done http://ow.ly/BDyga
- How to pitch a book http://ow.ly/BDypX
- How to Use Social Psychology to Improve Your Marketing | Social Media Examiner http://ow.ly/BDyw9
- Anoint Your Character with Inner Conflict, A Master Technique http://ow.ly/BDyHt
- How Has Self-Publishing Changed In The Last 2 Years? Interview With David Gaughran. | The Creative Penn http://ow.ly/BDyPa
- Launching Multiple Books at Once: Pros & Cons | Lindsay Buroker http://ow.ly/BDziT
- Could you survive without KDP? | Nick Stephenson http://ow.ly/BDzMk
- Russell Blake » Craft Tip #3 – How To Write More, Faster http://ow.ly/BDAfe
- Fair Use of Copyrighted Material and Book Reviews - The Author CEO http://ow.ly/BDAjh
- Writing a book? Go for it. | @Belinda_Pollard http://ow.ly/BDAlo
- Authors: 15 Tips To Increase Your Productivity | Molly Greene: Writer http://ow.ly/BDAxj
- Warning: Discoverability Dependency is Hazardous to Your Fiction Marketing by Jason Kong — The Book Designer http://ow.ly/BDAH3
- How Many New Customers Will Apple iBooks Get From the New iOS 8? | Digital Book World http://ow.ly/BE7ln